Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I know about the car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 10:39 PM
peterjcb
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I know about the car...

OK, here's what I know about the car. ....The timing belt was replaced 20,000 miles ago along with a new water pump. It's got almost brand new tires and the wheels look great. He installed new muffler about 2 years ago. I can see that he was meticulous in keeping all his records in the glove box in a folder and I was impressed with his organization.

The downside as far as I know is that it has 155,000 miles on it & he has NEVER replaced the clutch and told me that it MIGHT be the original ( he is the 4th owner). It feels OK to me. It has a long throw and seems to engage middle to top of travel. The transmission felt good. The sunroof is not working but he explained that there are a couple of plastic gears that go bad and they are not expensive to replace. Some minor rattles in the car possible just stuff inside. The paint has some expected signs of wear for a 17 year old car but I plan on detailing the whole car throughly and going over the outside with a white polishing compound then wax. All in all I would give that paint a good rating overall.

The body is straight and it has never been in a major accident. He told me that someone lightly scraped his front left fender but it has been repaired. I would have never known by looking at it.
There are NO signs of any rust and I don't see any oil dripping on the driveway or underneath the car. The engine / engine compartment is in need of a good cleaning but I don't see any signs of any fluid leaks that would cause any concern.

Considering the fact that I only paid $3,750 for the car I am factoring in some sort of unexpected repair. This will not be an everyday car for me but rather something that I will tool around with on weekends when I have some free time. I probably will not even put 5,000 miles a year on this car.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:47 PM
peterjcb
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there are any MODS here...please delete this thread , it was posted in the wrong place. Thanks, Peter

Quick Reply: What I know about the car...