Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Skip" info needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:09 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Skip" info needed

Skip, or any one for that matter,

Yesterday you wanted some home work to make you seem busy. Well I have some for you. I am removing my entire rear suspension for a complete referb in about three weeks for a winter project.

Here is what I need to find out.

Every piece of rubber no matter how small is going to be replaced with the new neoprene bushings/rubber every bolt/nut/washer and hose is also being replaced. Including gas hoses and break hard lines “I already have SS dot 5 flex lines”.

I am going with 250Lbs spring and koni adjustable struts up front so I will need to figure out which torsion bars I am going to use with the KLA coil over rear shocks/struts I will buy just before next summer.

I already have the bearings but a good price on the rear bearing/removal/install tool would be awesome.

Also add to this list a CV joint inner and outer referb kit for both axles along with any thing else you can think of for the *** end of this car. I am going with the adjustable OM30 sway so include bushings for that as well I already have brand new drop links being used on the turbo sway now so I am good there.

Hmmmm, any thing else you can thing of that will be helpful I will use this list as a master list to purchase the parts from. Remember 87 944 N/A but think turbo as the caliper up grade is going to occur as soon as I find a set at a reasonable price

Part numbers will be helpful and tell Jason a nice bulk discount for buying everything at once would be a great help.

Thanks in advance
TaboII

You can contact me directly at tabo2@rennlist.com with any questions that I haven’t already answered here.

Thanks again
Old 09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keith, I believe all of the parts you are looking for are on the website. If not, let us know.

A few notes - the 968 M030 bar from us comes with the centre bushings. We also have Delrin centre bushings and spherical droplinks available.

You'll have to be more specific regarding nuts, bolts, etc - there are quite a few of them, and I'm quite certain most are easily reusable - this would become a very costly venture as many would be dealer-like priced. The same with the hoses. There are several hoses that are normal to replace, then others that are not. Say, the gas tank fill and vacuum, and the cockpit heater hoses, etc. The parts catalog or that thing they call PET would be a very helpful tool for you to use.

If you are only going to 250 on the front, and plan on using a helper-style coil-over on the rear, I would leave the stock torsion bars in there. You can change the effective rear rate just with the coil-over spring. This represents a savings of $250-$300 and allows more functional use of the coil-over. Use the chart on our tech site (www.tech-session.com) to figure out what rate spring you would add to the coil-over. My guess would be 200#.

The CV parts should wait until you have inspected the ones you have. In many cases the carriers are gauled and should not be reused... you'd only be buying a few months. If the ***** and carriers look good, then only order the boot kits with bolts and grease. I would recommend the Swepco 101 Moly over the GKN stuff that comes with the kits.

Feel free to use my email for anything more specific.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: "Skip" info needed