Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are these darn blower box panel bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 08:55 AM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default what are these darn blower box panel bolts?

Guys,

Need help figuring out the part number for the bolts and the metal/rubber washers that are used to mount the entire blower box "housing" assembly to the chassis. I have not been able to figure it out. I found the part number for the bolts that secure the upper half of the box to the lower - but not the ones that mount the entire unit to the chassis.

Can someone please assist

Thanks,
Paul
Old 10-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 128 Posts

Those 6 bolts you have in the pic hold the blower box unit up against the inside of the dash area. Presumeably the tabs hold the top cover onto the blower motor unit you have in the pic. Just use a bolt with the same dia/ thread pitch and a large washer to distribute the stress. The pointy end on the bolt is used in to probably drill down into the plastic below for fast assembly. Not necessary now since it's already threaded. I could be wrong about this, but that's my take on it. .02 cents
Old 10-31-2015, 08:37 PM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiger03447
Those 6 bolts you have in the pic hold the blower box unit up against the inside of the dash area. Presumeably the tabs hold the top cover onto the blower motor unit you have in the pic. Just use a bolt with the same dia/ thread pitch and a large washer to distribute the stress. The pointy end on the bolt is used in to probably drill down into the plastic below for fast assembly. Not necessary now since it's already threaded. I could be wrong about this, but that's my take on it. .02 cents
Thanks - yeah I figured I could go the generic hardware store route -- but, was really hoping on keeping it factory.

Still trying to track the OEM suckers down.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-01-2015, 03:17 PM
bmnelsc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not had luck trying to stay factory...pretty much any screw you need that was black anodized will come shiny (at a price that would make any auto parts jobber reach for his mask - its robbery). Also I needed a new plastic clip where the AFM harness is clipped to the front of the engine - not available - assumed to come only with the wiring harness. Very odd as exactly the same design of clip is used to hold the windshield washer hose to the fender up near the cowl - the ww hose clip is much smaller. Oh - and the new ww hose clips are not the same color as the originals.

I have had some luck at large distributors ... check your local yellow pages, etc.

Quick Reply: what are these darn blower box panel bolts?