Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 03:56 PM
GTZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TaboII,
What's the skinny?? Did you find anything out yet?
Inquiring minds want to know

Randy
Old 09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
tkacki
Instructor

Default Maybe not a clutch problem ?

It seems that You heve done all the clutch job with proper attention. Considering details You reported everything was done on 200%.

Did You consider engine mounts or transmission mounts ? Are they OK ?
Worn mounts could produce rattling / vibrations during geras engage.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:08 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default latest

All I have at this point is that it was indeed put together as a kit.

the number of the kit was CK9PF "Power force" kit. there is not other information there except for the cost and sku number.

any one have veritecks kit number and know what they ship in what kit?

SKU #3797
Parts kit number CK9PF

That what I got so far.

I have a friend of mine who is going to help me tear down and rebuild with a used good flywheel on the 4th. With his experience and my recient exposure to this job we should be able to get it done in a day. I know this sounds like a tall order but two experienced mechs working in tandum should prove to be a good match for this project. "I Hope"!!! I will keep you up to date as I get more information. right now I can't release the information as to whom so dont ask because unless he chooses to tell my lips are sealed as to whom it is I will be working with.

Thanks again for the interest and help

TaboII
Old 09-23-2003, 04:43 PM
GTZ
Instructor

right now I can't release the information as to whom so dont ask because unless he chooses to tell my lips are sealed as to whom it is I will be working with.
Mystery mechanic sign in please....

Is that because he doesn't want to anyone to know that he is giving his work away for free? I can understand that.

Randy
Old 10-06-2003, 06:43 PM
GTZ
Instructor

Bump...

Any word on this yet???

Randy
Old 10-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Alos
Instructor

From What I know Taboo II has not herd anything yet, but we are hoping to get something going soon. We will keep you posted as to what happens.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:49 AM
gnosis
Instructor

Dammit! This is exactly the same problem I've been suffering for ages since the dealer installed a new clutch in my car. They said "drive it for a while and it'll bed in". Well it's been two years now and it's still shaking the hell out of me if I'm not extremely careful. Some days I can't let the clutch out without losing fillings from my teeth no matter how careful I am.

So, what's the story? Did you find out what the problem was? I'm betting on an incorrect clutch plate.

Clayton
Old 01-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I followed up with Keith on this a while back. From what I recall it was the flywheel. I believe he either had it resurfaced (again), or swapped it out for a spare and the vibrations went away.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by gnosis
Dammit! This is exactly the same problem I've been suffering for ages since the dealer installed a new clutch in my car. They said "drive it for a while and it'll bed in". Well it's been two years now and it's still shaking the hell out of me if I'm not extremely careful. Some days I can't let the clutch out without losing fillings from my teeth no matter how careful I am.

So, what's the story? Did you find out what the problem was? I'm betting on an incorrect clutch plate.

Clayton
The only reason I can see for taking a car to the dealer is for their warranty. You should have taken it back before now. At least call them and desscribe your problems.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:03 AM
gnosis
Instructor

I should have insisted they redo it straight away, but circumstances prevented that, and I fear now the horse has bolted. Besides, I don't trust them to fix it without cutting corners to cover their costs. I'd rather take full responsibility for the state of my car by doing all the work myself from now on. It's more rewarding anyway.

However, if I get the thing apart and find the wrong clutch plate in it, or some other obvious error, I'll be going back to them and asking for my money back. Of course, this will turn into an argument because they'll claim it's been too long for them to be sure they did the work rather than the failure being the result of me or someone else fiddling with it. If it comes down to my word against theirs, I'll get nowhere, so if that happens I'll just put it down to experience and move on. Out of pocket, but wiser by a mile.

I don't know what I'll do yet if it turns out to be the flywheel. Since they admitted to me that they forgot to machine it, they are clearly liable in that instance. But did the service guy who admitted that to me years ago (who has since left for a different dealership) write it down? I doubt it. This sort of thing is easy for them to deny after the fact, and I can bet that they will do their utmost to protect their bottom line rather than do the right thing by me.

Going by the other dealer/official Porsche service experiences documented here on Rennlist, I can see I'm not the only one who's had to learn the hard and expensive way that "official" means cheap and shonky.

Clayton.

Quick Reply: Disaster