Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wiper question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003 | 04:37 PM
RobbyK
Pro

From: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA
Default Rear wiper question

Hi before I store my car for the winter I am replacing the rear hatch due to a leak at the top. Since almost all the hatch’s I find are rear wiper delete and I have the wiper, I was wondering if the wiper delete models have all the necessary holes for the wiper base and metal tubing to run the wires up threw since I know they already have the hole in the glass. Can any one who has added a wiper or knows this for a fact please tell me if those items are in place? Also how hard is it to wire up the 3rd break light on Pre-brake light car?
Old 09-21-2003 | 10:15 PM
RobbyK
Pro

From: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA

Bump
Old 09-22-2003 | 04:23 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

I have been told it's a cinch to add the third light. I have a wiper delete model, and I've been told it's all the same car, with the wiper being an option.

I'm sure someone else will post more details as the week goes on. Good luck!

- Julie
Old 09-22-2003 | 05:46 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Rear wiper question

Originally posted by RobbyK
Since almost all the hatch’s I find are rear wiper delete and I have the wiper, I was wondering if the wiper delete models have all the necessary holes for the wiper base and metal tubing to run the wires up threw since I know they already have the hole in the glass. Can any one who has added a wiper or knows this for a fact please tell me if those items are in place? Also how hard is it to wire up the 3rd break light on Pre-brake light car?
1) Wiper
All holes should be there. If reqiored, the ones in the frame can be added, the one in the glass is a NoGo.
There seems to be an change in diameter of the motor shaft (and consequently the hole in the glass) somewhere around '88 so measure it first.
2) 3th brake light
Get an generic (LED bar type preferred) fixture
Make 2 brackets (mine are aluminum) and attach these to the roof panel.
Position this so that the fixture is in the space between the roof panel and the glass, close to but not touching the glass.
Wire up to the left brake light and the ground, run wires behind the upholstry of the C pillar, more or less following the cable for the sun roof.
TakeCare

Quick Reply: Rear wiper question