Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When SUV's Attack!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003 | 03:46 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Sach:

had it been a lesser SUV you'd have been in a hospital. thank Porsche for good ABS. and thank God you weren't hurt.

-Michael-
Old 09-12-2003 | 03:50 PM
elvisizer
Racer

Originally posted by TMH
Careless drivers are bad drivers, regardless of the sex - and there are plenty of each. I hated driving my 944 in commute traffic up here due to all of the idiots yacking on their cellphones while drinking their Starbucks while cutting you off because you are not as important as they feel they are. Tom
you know, i noticed the same thing when I moved to Sacramento from Chicago . . .the traffic was so crazy here, I was actually kinda scared to drive! And i'm definitely NOT talking about one gender here.
i mean, in chicago, people drove crazily, but it was always with the goal of getting somewhere faster, so you could predict the craziness. Here in Sacto, people don't seem to have any method to their madness at all! People will constantly cut me off in the middle or left lanes when they lane they were in was clear of traffic . . . .it just makes no sense . . . .The only theory that i've come up with is one that you sort of touched on- the point out here is not so much to increase the speed of travel, but to demonstrate to those around you exactly how much higher up you are on the social/economic/political food chain.

Quick Reply: When SUV's Attack!