Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- Where were you on 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:19 PM
jjmson20
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at a loss of words without sounding as stupid as you wicked, all i can say is dont ever cross paths with me. Oh and since this country isnt for you i suggest you leave, yea people over the world are suffering, and you know whos problem it is...that country. We are strong and successful and lead great lives, too many people are jealous cause they come from **** dont have ****, and never will have ****. So wicked I hope you wrap your car around a phone poll later on.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:39 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Wicked 951 - Your comments turn my stomach. Heres why:

One of my best friend worked at the Pentagon. His office was in the newly renovated portion that faces 395 and 110.
Its tough to describe this without breaking down...so I guess to put it simply I never saw him again after 9-11-2001.

His parents have not been the same since then. His family was very close and after he moved into a ****ty, overpriced Studio downtown, he still had a lot of friends over to his parents place. His mom (like a lot of mom's), would cook for us and bring us snack etc. He would occasionally have friend from work come out too. Since 9-11-01, I've been there a few times and I usually can't stay long because it just hurts too much. Last year on 9-11-02 a bunch of us had a gathering/vigil at his gravesite. It helped. We did the same yesterday. And again it helped.

No one that knew him has really been the same since then. I still feel betrayed and violated and hurt, and I don't think that feeling will go away any time soon.
All 26 people in his office were killed that day.

Rest In peace Mike, we will never forget.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:46 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wicked 951, I don't know how to respond to that statement so I won't.
Please don't ask for my help in the future.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Paul T.
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too pissed off to comment with rational words.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:10 PM
elvisizer
Racer

man, i haven't really been doing much of the 'remembrance' thing for 9/11 . . .too hard to deal with for me, still . . . .
even reading this thread has nearly made me start blubbering like a baby while i'm sitting here at work . . . .
Old 09-12-2003, 02:23 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately Americans are being haunted by the lines from a Janis Joplin song:

"When you ain't got nuthin', you ain't got nuthin' to lose"

Obviously we are dealing with nothing but a loser and wannabe here. This a$$clown will never amount to anything, but will always be the first to blame his problems/situations on those who have worked hard for what they have achieved. Maybe he'll eventually become depressed seeing all those around him accomplish something, while he sits alone wallowing in his own mess and blaming those bastard Americans. Perhaps he can take a swan dive of the GG bridge, blaming others his entire way down but in the end doing us all a favor. Or maybe he can just move to one of these places he references in his post and do some real good. Obviously he does not have the intellect nor the skills to improve anything in America.

Get a life loser, preferably somewhere far away from here.

Tom
Old 09-12-2003, 02:30 PM
JCNNJC
Advanced

Hey Wicked 951
You need a name change! How about Dumb *** 951.
Love it or leave it! Time for you to go!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:35 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by JCNNJC
Hey Wicked 951
You need a name change! How about Dumb *** 951.
Love it or leave it! Time for you to go!
Might be appropriate IF HE EVEN HAD A PORSCHE. Based on previous posts, this loser drives a Civic.

Tom
Old 09-12-2003, 02:36 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

What do you expect from a Honda want-a-be Porsche driver living in the left coast bastion of liberalism?

He's a product of his liberal hippy laced environment.

This was the World Trade Center. Many of the victims of 9/11 were nationals of other countries. Does he have the same disrespect for them?
Old 09-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in my office- in the High School, early as usual at 7 am CST. I had noticed some unusual internet routings whil packet tracing and noticed that the NY IP/ Internet traffic was all screwy just after 9. We didnt have Cable in the Classroom yet, and radio's woulnt pick anything up due to the metal building structure. I received a call from the Superintendant of schools informing me of te first strike at WTC, I went to CNN.com, MSNBC.com and couldnt get through.

I eventually was able to use a smartboard/ LCD projector and a laptop to broadcast images from BBC.com so the older students could be informed- If they wanted to- but the Grade school kids were not notified of the tragedy at school.

It was the first time we had a "code red" alert in the school's history- usually reserved for a bomb or armed intruder threat.

Very surreal. I was hooked on CNN at home for the next few days, helped reroute IP traffic (Internet stuff) through Atlanta as the bulk of international internet traffic through NYC was gone. My cousin teaches 5th grade in NYC and 5 of his 30 students lost parents that day.

My son also shipped off to Army basic training 2 weeks later. When he decided to join the Army - it was peacetime and no threat of war in anyway..
A very sad day indeed.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Chris's Loss
Instructor

I was suffering from a migraine that morning and it was all I could do to get my kids ready for school that morning. After I got them out the door I went back to sleep.

My cousin called me to see if I had seen the news. I dug out of my bed and turned on the tv just in time to see the second tower hit.

I was sick, but I didn't leave the tv all day. It was so bizarre, but my stomach really sank when the Pentagon was hit. I felf more threatened than I had my whole life. I felt terrible pain for what happened at WTC, but the Pentagon was a whole different story for me.

My first reaction was that I wanted to hop in the car and head to the schools to grab up my kids and not let go. I didn't do that because I figured I needed to try to remain rational for them. I didn't want them to see me in "weak" light. I had to remain calm for them.

The next day I donated blood. My oldest son was 16 at the time and wanted to donate too, but they wouldn't let him. But the Red Cross put him to work helping the driver of the truck. He loaded blood and helped with the cleanup after the blood drive. It wasn't what he wanted to do, but I told him maybe he was helping get that blood where it needed to go a little sooner than it would have without his help.

Being in the midwest I think we all felt helpless. Someday I hope to visit Ground Zero and pay tribute to those who died or were injured that day.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:43 PM
James86-951
Pro

I work with a Nigerian and an Egyptian. They both had the unfortunate experience of living through the Muslim "conversion" of their countries. They both said that Christians convert people through rationale and understanding; Muslims in those countries converted people with an AK-47.

They both talked about how there villiage/town was decimated. Anyone who did not convert to their way of thinking was killed. They killed the people, the farm animals and the pets.

They had only one thing to say,"kill them all before they get the chance to kill you." These are two of the most kind hearted people that would never hurt anyone. On September the 11th, they began to get really upset. They thought the Muslim invasion was going to hit the US.

As Wicked951 has demonstrated; we need to take a look at the people within our country. I am not a fan of all aspects of the Patriot Act, but in his case I see a clear need to remove those of whom who do not wish to become a productive person in society.

He would have done much much better to explain his concerns than to have made a moronic statement like that. Most other countries in the world would say that statement is treasonous. Most certainly in countries with Ministries of Prevention of Vice and Preservations of Virtues.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:53 PM
Chris's Loss
Instructor

Just something to think about....

When my oldest son was born in 1985, someone made a comment to me while we were still in the hospital that I have thought about a lot in the last couple of years.

I can't quote it verbatim, but it was something about how there were so many boys being born at that time that God was populating the world with boys to fight a war when they got to be of age.

Growing up in SW Iowa I heard a lot of things like that (like when flies stick it's going to rain) - you know - country sayings or old wives tales. I never thought about it much until 9/11/01.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Toolmaster
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default My two cents.

All -

Wicked 951. Many have called what you said supid. Many have called what you said worse than that.

I do not agree at all with your comments. But, we must not forget that this is America. The Land of the Free, where the second ammendment protects free speech within reason.

9/11 Was the start of a war, in which we now have American, and many other country's - including Iraq btw - men and women dying to protect one of those things that most of us take for granted. The right to assemble. The right to free speech. The right to be free.

Where was I? I remember exactly, but it matters not at all. What matters more is what happened afterwards. A country, and a world standing as one. People helping eachother without regard to race, creed, religion, or sex. People sacrificing themselves for the sakes of strangers. People that I don't know, are defending me with their lives now. And it took an event like this to make most of the world aware of it.

Yes, it is a sad day, and a sad rememberence. Many lost friends and relatives. I knew no one in that area so I am lucky there.

But there is good that came out of this horrific event. People have now started to realize what the world is like now, and that there are many people who we don't know who defend us without hesitation, without the need for recognition, without us ever knowing. And now we know.

And they are still there. And they are STILL there.

Want to bring something good from all this evil? Go take a cake to the local firestation. Go out of your way to tell a police officer that you appreciate him or her. Take the kids to the local ambulance squad, and intriduce them to the paramedics and emt's. If you see a soldier, salute, and offer thanks to that person you don't know, but who is willing to sacrifice themselves so that you may have a better life. Respect those who respect you more than they do themselves.

I remember where I was, but I remember more what I did last year, and this year to remember.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:50 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you John

Quick Reply: OT- Where were you on 9/11