Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT>>>Texas drivers: Are your plates legal ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:15 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT>>>Texas drivers: Are your plates legal ??

In a state where we can't seem to keep the legislature in their home state, comes the following new law effective Sept 1, 2003.

New Texas License Plate/Frame Law

What a crock of SH*T !!!!!!!

These jerkoffs passed 735 new laws before the democraps (not mispelled) split for 44 days to New Mexico.

Things like an extra dollar to renew your vehicle registration to "study" a new drivers license system.

Where is John Stossel from 20/20 ??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:36 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you should post this. I just got a ticket this evening, stuck under my wiper, for no front plate. This car has never had a front plate on it from day one, 15 years. ******* Cop ... use no front plate to stop me to check if I am drunk or just robbed a bank but don't give me a ticket when I leave the car parked in front of your house. *******.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:43 PM
GTZ
Instructor

Yep, with the use of Laser for "traffic enforcment" (read tax collecting) the front plate is the best target. Lot's of reflective material there. So the Police are getting really serious about no front plates.
BTW we always have had to have them in Washington state.
Randy
Old 09-10-2003, 08:44 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Sorry about that. I don't have front plates on any of my cars. Got a ticket about 9 years ago during a roadblock trying to catch DWI's. Fought it and won.

I was just reading about that issue. All of the states that border Texas use only 1 plate.

30 states nationwide use only 1 plate.

Goofballs say they need the front plate for police id/verification, yet none of the states that use 1 plate have EVER shown 1 time where they lost a suspect or where unable to id a vehicle.

So many things the government needs to be doing. License plates, 10 commandments, smoking etc...are not them........
Old 09-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As gar as the front plate goes, if the car did not originally come from the factory with a front bracket is does not have to have one now. I.e. you are out of your damn mind if you think I am drilling into the front of my Porsche to put a license plate on it. I also, beat that ticket in court. As far as the brackets go, they are butt *** ugly and no one should have them :>) Now they are just illegal as well as in poor taste!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:10 AM
afx
Racer

I dont have a front plate and have not had any trouble with the police. The only time I had trouble was back with my first 944. It was imported from Europe and still have the wide European type of licence plate on it. I got stopped and got a warning. I have all the holes in my front bumper bondo'd up and dont plan on drilling new holes in it.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Bill Coleman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

In Michigan we have a similar law, but I've never heard of anyone being ticketed!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:34 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Oh, this is great. The ticket cost is $100 USD. ******* cop. I'm going to talk to the Court in the next day or two and see what we can work out on price.

The thing that bothers me is the cop that gave me the ticket will be on the lookout for me from here on out.

I really don't want to slap a plate on her nose.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:39 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

i never had front plates on any of my cars in texas - only got a warning once. this new law is another prime example of "suits" making laws in their own interest. if your vision is so poor you can't read a license plate, you shouldn't be a cop
Old 09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What doesnt make any sense is that we no longer use the little stickers for registration.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:48 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Don't the DMV and most dealerships give you covers for your plate? Fine them for this, not the people driving the car. If you can't figure out what my plate says or what state I'm from, how are you gonna pick my face out of a police lineup or recognize me from my wanted poster when I'm walking down the street?

I got a ticket for no front plate in NY, but I passed a truck in WV once that had no hood, doors, lights, or exhaust. The state trooper passed this same guy!!!

Stupid laws

Quick Reply: OT>>>Texas drivers: Are your plates legal ??