Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged 968 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric, thanks for the update! I was just about to ask the question over on 968.net.

I looked through the past posts and couldn't figure out what the final word on CARB was. If the CARB# doesn't work out -- give us an update -- so we can be sure have an out-of-state address handy
Old 09-10-2003, 09:57 PM
roadrunner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI: There doesn't seem to be any listing for SFR's kit in the CARB EO number database, so I would doubt any numbers would be allowed by smog techs and/or referees. The out of state worker probably won't fly either because it's where the car is registered not where you work, that determines it's rules for registration. The missing belt is sure to raise some eyebrows, too.

Your best bet would seem to be your "other options"...
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM
jefffski
AutoX

Hey, thanks for the help guys.

Hacker: Good idea. I actually fly for Air Wisconsin, but I'm based in Atlanta and live in Phoenix, so I don't think that will work for me.

Eric: Thanks for getting me in on the ssk. Will be interesting to see how it works. Also, thanks for sharing your ideas for getting smogged. See, I knew where there's a will, there's a way. Oh, and the bumperette looks great.

Joe: Thanks for the breakdown. That's about what I figured too. There's also the stereo--Alpine and A/D/S. That's some good--can you say "not cheap"--stuff. Well, we shall see.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:08 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI: There doesn't seem to be any listing for SFR's kit in the CARB EO number database, so I would doubt any numbers would be allowed by smog techs and/or referees.

I KNOW! it is a long shot but anything is possible. There is an actual CARB # on the Supercharger itself.

The out of state worker probably won't fly either because it's where the car is registered not where you work, that determines it's rules for registration.

That is not what I am saying... But you obviously know more then I do. So OK

The missing belt is sure to raise some eyebrows, too.

No missing belt "That is for track" applications only as long as I am not running forced induction and the car runs and passes I will get my paperwork...You don't want to see the SC? ok I will take it off less then 30 minutes. and it is off.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:21 AM
HOT-SHU (a.k.a. Wes Shew)
Intermediate

Default SC 968

Jeff, you have private mail.

Quick Reply: Supercharged 968 For Sale