Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redneck Paint Job...continued

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 12:20 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright....this mf'r is about to have the gloves taken off. He told a friend of mine, "there is no way for Robert to prove he already gave me $1900." Where I'm from, those are fighting words. On the other hand, I hope he does say that in court. I have several witnesses who'll testify otherwise, and that will make everything else he says automatically crap.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:23 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Robwsup
Alright....this mf'r is about to have the gloves taken off. He told a friend of mine, "there is no way for Robert to prove he already gave me $1900." Where I'm from, those are fighting words. On the other hand, I hope he does say that in court. I have several witnesses who'll testify otherwise, and that will make everything else he says automatically crap.
Let him destroy his own credibility then. Did you pay him cash for this? Was the money taken out of the bank? That would make it a little easier to prove because you can show a withdrawl for the $1900, but cash is still going to be hard.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Yeah, I have gathered together my bank records showing the withdrawls to pay this dumb****. That is about as good as I have for proof. Judges aren't dumbasses, they should be able to tell who is telling the truth.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:47 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Robert, I assume you paid him in cash and can't fork over a check to the court. Your friend's recount of his statement regarding proof is a killer if the judge will let it in.

This whole thing is going downhill so you better do something about preventing sabotage. In your court suit I would also ask for some sort of protection award so you can just go clip him if something goes wrong. I wonder if in Small Claims you could request the car be pulled into a third party's care until the case is resolved?
Old 09-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by IceShark
This whole thing is going downhill so you better do something about preventing sabotage. In your court suit I would also ask for some sort of protection award so you can just go clip him if something goes wrong. I wonder if in Small Claims you could request the car be pulled into a third party's care until the case is resolved?
IIRC, a court order has been issued to arseclown to not molest the car. I'd say if there is anything wrong with it that wasn't there before taking the car to him, you go back to court and collect. The judge will take a very dim view of that.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Yes, part of the paperwork he was served included a court order to not damage, destroy, or conceal the property.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like it's going well, albeit slowly. Keep it up, and no more Mr. Nice Guy.

(No more Mr. Clea-he-he-heen)
Old 09-09-2003, 11:38 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

In the meantime, go to your local bookstore, grab the subscription cards from every magazine and fill them out for this guy. Really easy prank that will drive him nuts, that's hard to trace back to you.
While your at it, call some siding companies and window companies and tell them you need an estimate, give them his address.
There are many more "fun" things you can do that arn't really illegal that are hard to trace back. Heck, order him a couple hundred pizza's too.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Robwsup
Racer

LOL Hacker.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:31 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Little variation on Hacker's magazine idea. Go get the subscription cards for 4-5 gay **** mags. Fill them out using his name but his next door neighbor's address so it goes to the neighbor. That should make him very popular (or not) in his neighborhood!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by slevy951
Little variation on Hacker's magazine idea. Go get the subscription cards for 4-5 gay **** mags. Fill them out using his name but his next door neighbor's address so it goes to the neighbor. That should make him very popular (or not) in his neighborhood!
That's really good.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Robwsup
Your friend he spoke to is proof, bring him to court with you.

BTW, I'd ignore all the suggestions about dicking the guy around, he just might figure out who's doing it if he's not a total idiot. Tactics like that won't help you get your car back.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Peckster
Your friend he spoke to is proof, bring him to court with you.

BTW, I'd ignore all the suggestions about dicking the guy around, he just might figure out who's doing it if he's not a total idiot. Tactics like that won't help you get your car back.
...but it is ok to do things after you have gotten your car back!

I know you said that the guy doesn't use computers, but for everyone else... at work we like to sign each other up for mailing lists. Use your imagination. It gets dirty.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:36 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Be sure to tell the judge that he insisted to be paid in cash (even if he didn't). Tax avoidance can't hurt with the credibility issue.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

yup, sounds like you got it under control, keep up the good work, and soon enough you should have your car back, and hopefully not have to pay anything more. after that, i don't see anything wrong with a little screwing over of your own. well, thats up to you, but good luck again.

Quick Reply: Redneck Paint Job...continued