Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPEN Invatation Clutch job in a weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:41 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink OPEN Invatation Clutch job in a weekend

OK, here are all the details as I know them at this time. I am holding an open invite to anyone in the New England area who would like to whiteness the removal and installation of a 86 N/A clutch this upcoming weekend. There is no RSVP needed and I am not expecting anything from anyone “Except for common courtesy of course”. There are only a couple of things I want to toss out for info sake.

We are going to be concentrating on the clutch job as there will be a finite amount of time for any real casual conversation other that attempting to get the job completed in the two days we have.

Everyone interested in showing up for a look or just to encourage us on is welcome and any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I will not directly be providing any food or refreshments however Alos has said that Pizza is on him for those who show up and lend a hand and I will have soda and water available for any working along with us. I do have an awesome BBQ for any one who would like to bring burgers, hot dogs or steaks along to cook up during the effort and a couple of coolers available for drinks etc.

If any one would like to spark up an impromptu road trip and meet up for drinks and BBQ at my house you welcome to do so

The hope is to have a few individuals to help out as trying to complete a job such as this is a big task to say the least and taking pictures and holding an online forum with Rennlist at the same time will be difficult of not impossible with out some assistance. I am putting my computer system on my front porch for updates to the list so it is available. John Jen, if it is possible to put something in short-order together that would be great. Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

So if there is a day next weekend you have off or some spare time to lend a hand to a fellow Rennlisters, then drop on by you will be welcome and any assistance your may be able to lend will be greatly appreciated.

Again this is an open invitation to any one here on Rennlist. You all are welcome.

Email me for directions and a phone numbers

I am located in Chelmsford Ma. At the Rout 3 and 495 intersections just to give you all a quick point of reference.

Thanks in advance

TaboII and Alos

Old 09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
GTZ
Instructor

FYI, make sure you buy your clutch (assuming that you are getting a Sachs) from an authorized Sachs re-seller. There is at least one "grey market" seller, and if you have any problems, they have no way of warranting the product, and you'll prbably have to eat the cost. Call Sachs America and they can tell you the authorized dealers. Trust me you do not want to go through the nightmare I am with one of these "less expensive" retailers.

Randy
Old 09-03-2003, 02:58 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Clutch

Understood.

I believe Alos Purchased it from Pellican Parts and I have the utmost trust in those guys. We should be alright in that department. I hope.

TaboII
Old 09-03-2003, 03:33 PM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man id love to see that, too bad theres only like 1 rennlister within 200 miles of here hell id drive 3.5 hours to KC to see that. but have fun though!

hey sweet, the upgrade to rennlist member just went through! yay!!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:40 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talk about German Rice...

A friend of mine said he saw a 928 on the highway with pipes on the sides, like a Viper!? And, they were making that "I-just-modded-my-Civic" buzzzz sound!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey Keith, I'll try to stop in on Saturday (I won't be available Sunday). Happy to help any way I can.

I know where you live

Ken
Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 PM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

haha walmart now sells these "sidepipes" which are a metal plate with two pipes sticking out of it, made to look like sidepipes, and you attach it with two-sided tape! i thought they were super gay until i saw a civic here with them. now i realize theyre super SUPER gay. haha
Old 09-03-2003, 04:02 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Keith I'd make it but I'll be in Pittsburgh/Minneapolis.

Don't forget the foliage run in Spetember.

Is the silver bullet done-ish?
Old 09-03-2003, 04:37 PM
JimBob951
Racer

No! not a ricer 928!!! If anybody from the 928 group saw this they'd find him and roast him alive!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 05:05 PM
GTZ
Instructor

TaboII,
Coolio, Pelican are good people. I just bought another clutch kit from Fordahl Motorsports here. I've known Greg for years and he's a great guy.
So the tally is two clutch kits in about 3K miles.

Randy
Old 09-03-2003, 05:05 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Default Silver Bullet

SidV

Sorry to say that the Silver Bullet is still on Jack stands with the engine hanging half out and half in the car at the moment. Sorry to hear you won’t be able to make it. As I am sorry to say I most likely won’t make it to the Foliage run either. I am shooting for next summer. I have just completed a necessary project by finishing up my 4X 2 ½ X 2 ½ sand blasting cabinet, to refurbish all the parts that I was going to send out and have done. Call me and stop buy you have to take a look at this thing I will try and get some pictures tonight, it came out awesome “even if I do say so myself” . I can almost fit and entire engine block inside the blast area. It is big enough for the largest suspension parts and should work like a charm. I am starting to gather all the necessary parts “ Basically everything in the car that need to be re-galvinized” sent out to be re- galvanized here soon. Now all I need is some one to sell me a good set of 2.5L Euro pistons in good shape and I will be well on my way. Next summer should be a breeze. Any how this clutch is my main focus for the moment. If I can pull this off then we’ll be all set to start again on my car and move forward again. I guess its time to take some more pictures and post them up here for people to see.

TaboII
Old 09-03-2003, 05:29 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Just so you know.

New A-arms new Shocks, new ball joints on mine. Converted the roof to manual and just got the seal, going to put it on now.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:57 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How far is your place from Newport RI? I may be able to come up. I did an 86 clutch a few years ago.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:40 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey dime,

We are planning on doing something like this in the KC area. Watch for posts on the KC Wrenching Society for more info.You would certainly be welcome to join us...

Regards,
Old 09-03-2003, 08:44 PM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

thatd be sweet!!!!!

Quick Reply: OPEN Invatation Clutch job in a weekend