Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket alarm install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:19 AM
silvergray951
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Aftermarket alarm install?

Hi guys:
My factory alarm works well and, because it is able to disable the DME, I'd like to keep it as is. Since I'm getting tired of turning two keys everytime I lock/unlock the car though (and because the key seems to be failing somethimes now), I bought an aftermarket alarm (Alpine) that drives a starter disable relay via the remote control. My thinking here is to simply replace the function of the key with the alarms relay, so I can arm/disarm the factory alarm remotely.
Anyone done something similar?
Where is the factory alarm module? I figure that it will be easier to tap into the wiring harness there instead of ripping apart the panel behind the drivers door to gain access to the switch itself.

Thanks for any advice/experienes/opinions on this!

Old 09-02-2003, 11:01 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The alarm control module is in the passenger footwell area by the DME. It is also quite easy to wire in a starter kill relay because the wire that runs to the starter solenoid is very accessible from a 2 wire connector right at the brake booster area. You can also tap into a lot of the other necessary wiring (such as parking lights) at the loom which runs along the drivers side door sill, you will just have to make the connections compact so that the sill cover still fits.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm install?