Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Diego meet tomorow night (9/2)!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego meet tomorow night (9/2)!

Anyone interested? its in the clairmont mesa area... either at Krispy Kreme or Tea Station.... Please let me know if there is any interest and I will give you all specifics???
Old 09-02-2003, 03:32 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

have a good time out there jonas!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Harry, even though, no one out here ever comes to these things.....
Old 09-02-2003, 12:31 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

why not get ahold of the so cal crew, like Julie, the people from andersons, and talk danno into heading down from SB? plan stuff like a month or so in advance so people will know, and make plans and not have conflicts (see what day/time's good for every one else), get ahold of as many so cal people, meet up in a central location thats in between all of the areas so its more convenient, plan a crazy drive through the mountians, have Danno or the folks from andersons share their wisdom, and make a saturday out of it?

thats usualy worked best for all the gatherings ive gone to. i know it can be done, as im always reading about so cal 944ers wishing they could have a 944 fest. think positively! if you build it they will come!

keep the faith!
Harry
Old 09-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

Well, you see, this is a weekly meet that is put on by socaleuro (audi's and VW's) and me and all of my bimmer friends always go out to it.... So its not like its a huge deal, its just a weekly thing... would be nice to get some more porsche's out there though... its not worth driving down from anywhere for....
Old 09-02-2003, 01:56 PM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jonas Goldsmith
its not worth driving down from anywhere for....

I live about 10 minutes away from the meeting spot and its still not worth driving for. Its the same cars everyweek and people standing around talking about what mods they are gonna get and how fast their car will be.
most of the kids are high schoolers whos mommies and daddies paid for their car and give them money to do the mods. Sorry Jonas, it could be a fun event, but the PCA auto-x's are just so much more, umm, REALISTIC.

I'm sure you know my buddy Reza (CrbnBlkM3). He goes out there quite a bit and tries to convice me to come once in a while but the environment around there is just so damn adolescent. If you were to host a porsche/bmw/german car event and have a shop sponsor it (at day time) and include some kind of drive and lunch, i would deffinitely want to go. But meeting up in a parking lot in the middle of the week only brings the wrong crowds.

I think you have the right desire and passion to get a group of porsche owners together. Try to plan something big up and make sure that you get a confirmation list of people going. You seem like the great candidate to host another SoCal meet.

Take care!

SHAUN

Quick Reply: San Diego meet tomorow night (9/2)!