Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone near Austin, TX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015 | 07:34 PM
porscharu
Pro

Bravo sir, I would be very proud of your results today and there is a lot to build on. This has to validate a lot of your abilities to drive and setup a car.
Old 03-08-2015 | 11:35 AM
porscharu
Pro

TC/TCA/TCB today at 3:10 local time. Can Van catch Nixon or Schwartz?
Old 03-08-2015 | 06:14 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Damn how'd Schwartz end up with such a lead at the end! Porscharu did you catch how Van finished?
Old 03-08-2015 | 07:58 PM
porscharu
Pro

I didn't get to watch the TC race. I watched the GTS race and it was a yawner. Looking at the lap times it looks like it was still wet for the TC race. Still a good fifth place for Van. I'm interested to hear about his experience.
Old 03-08-2015 | 11:39 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

I did not get to catch Schwartz... But that's OK - I had a great time and some finishes that I'm very proud of.

For Race 3, the one on Sunday, I finished 5th - but boy was it exciting! It was raining and I started in 4th. I was nervous about the wet conditions and started off pretty cautiously... I didn't really trust the Pirelli rains and I didn't know how the track surface would be when wet... so I lost many places in the first few laps. I think I must have been close to last! But then, around lap 3, I started figuring everything out and picking off the cars that had just passed me. At the start of the last lap, we were 3 wide as I pass Lu on his left and Wilson starts passing on his right - Kisel was in P4 was just in front of us.

Right as I'm on top of the apex curbing at T1, Kisel comes tight to the apex and we bump, sending me to the inside and Kisel to the outside. Lu then goes wide, but tags Kisel, and Wilson comes between us and takes P4. I chase Wilson like a scalded dog, and Lu chases me. We don't have any more position changes and finish the race in that order behind Schwartz, Fichter and Nixon.

Overall, it was a great experience running with Pirelli World Challenge - I made a lot of new friends, had some very intense racing, and got to experience what it's like running at the pro level. The next race is at Mosport in Canada in mid-May, and I'm already looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: Anyone near Austin, TX?