Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighted key head - am I missing a piece?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 08:39 PM
pugface
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lighted key head - am I missing a piece?

Hi guys. I'm trying do a little work on the 944 every weekend. Mainly minor things that if I mess up, or need to wait for parts, I can still drive the car. This week it's cold! So, I'm working on they key, of all things.

I got a replacement bulb and battery, and a used crest to replace the missing one. So, looking at what I have, am I missing a part? I think I recall seeing a copper strip of something that would go between the base of the bulb and the battery edge. As is, I can see the pushing the button will connect the tip of the battery to the tip of the bulb, but I don't see how the rest of the circuit is completed.

I know there are replacement LED heades - I have one for my primary key, but just for fun, I thought I'd get the original 80's key working again

pf
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2015, 12:46 AM
shakazulu720
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep you are 100% correct there is a little copper shim that touches the side/top of the battery and when you press down the copper touches the base of the bulb IIrc dont remember the whole mechanisim right now but I know for shure you are missing a small copper peice, shouls be able to make a new one out of some copper with a bend in it or find/buy one for nothing

Quick Reply: Lighted key head - am I missing a piece?