Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

broken hose under the intake manifold (what is it?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dualblade

also, i'm surprised noone has made fun of my foot's appearance on the bottom of the intake manifold picture. oh, and yes, that is the porsche font in the pictures
john (wormhole) was here today and when i opened the thread he was nexto me so i made fun of your foot, just not on rennlist

btw i stepped on a jackstand barefoot once and a corner went into the middle of my foot, had trouble walking for a few days
Old 08-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally posted by dualblade
we dont' have a pcv valve or something easy that i could blame it on?
That canister is your PCV valve.

Since the sludge is not on all the runners, and since it is not completly into the intake, I'll lean towards a bad seal. (if the whole intake was covered, I'll go with the leaky hose idea)

You can replace the seals with the head on, however, I would not advise it. You'll need to remove the valve springs and keepers to get at the seal, and that poses the possibility of dropping the valve into the cylinder. You can use compressed air to hold the valve in place, but if you don't know how to do it, or how to remove the springs, you gotta pull the head and take it somewhere.

Most speed shops can clean up the head and replace the seals for $100 or so. (I had mine all done with new seats, seals, and a 5 angle for $125)
Old 08-25-2003, 09:53 PM
crushingday
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

What is the font called that you used to write on your picture? It sure looks like the Porsche font. Where can I get it.

P.S - Perhaps the Circus could give you a job playing piano with your feet if your carrer does not work out

Quick Reply: broken hose under the intake manifold (what is it?)