Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny Jessie V P-car quote..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda OT but,

A few years ago a friend of mine hit a girl as she was crossing the street. Before anyone worries, she ended up being perfectly fine with the exception of maybe a bruize here or there. Anyway, she was not in a crosswalk, she was on the sidewalk in front of a truck parked by the side of the road. I guess the driver of the truck was in the cab, saw that she was looking to see if he was going to drive away, and since he wasn't he just waved her across in front of him. So she marches out into the street and right into the path of my friend's car without looking or anything. WHUMP! Anyway, she was fine, though the driver's side wiper on my friend's car was never the same after that. The point of my babbling is that when the police arrived and figured out what happened they issued a ticket... to the girl! That perplexed me. I guess it was a preventative measure?

Police Officer: "I'm issuing you this ticket so you remember jaywalking is wrong, and you won't do it again."

Girl: "Errrr, I just got hit by a car, you don't think that will do the trick?"

I think my friend might have ended up paying the ticket, of maybe some of it, because he felt pretty terrible about it all.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

assclowns . . . hahaha!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:45 PM
TheMAXX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 944 Terminator
So what happens when you lose traction in snow or hydro-plane perhaps? People get tickets for that?
That basically is called traveling too fast for conditions. CT motor vehicle law "SEC. 14-218a TRAVELING UNREASONABLY FAST. … Note: Speeds which are below the posted limit but unreasonably fast for the conditions, i.e, weather are a violation of this section."

Quick Reply: Funny Jessie V P-car quote..