Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO Botch Job (PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003 | 02:24 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Originally posted by GMS
Those parts are the heater actuacting servos. Check the operation of the heater and AC. There is a good chance that the PO "modified" the wiring to overcome some sort of heater fault. So now you need to diagnose whatt he problem acually is before trying to fix it.
Yay! Thanks! Do you know what controls them? Also are they from Japan originally? Or do you think the PO replaced them?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2003 | 03:35 PM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Does the A/c work?

Could be the PO wired around the evaporator icing switch?
Old 08-23-2003 | 04:14 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

The AC compressor only comes on when I bypass the low freon switch... Since this is vacuum related im sure it drives an actuatior with the vacuum. Also the switch doesn't bypass anyhting... It is wired in series with the valve... It is used to turn off the valve when the car is keeping it on... But I need to know what the valve controls and is controled by to diagnose the problem
Old 08-23-2003 | 05:41 PM
Julian Allen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Since all my 944 experience in the last several years has been in a race car, this is based on my memory only.
With that caveat, I remember placing a similar switch in the power to that valve because I only had hot air when the AC came on. Keeping this from powering kept the vacuum to the heater valve from changing to allow it to open. You could always confirm the function of the switch by taking it out of the circuit and observing the effect.
The AC system in later 944's was made in Japan, so the valve is original. Surprised? The compressors are Nippondenso.
Old 08-23-2003 | 07:04 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Originally posted by Julian Allen
Since all my 944 experience in the last several years has been in a race car, this is based on my memory only.
With that caveat, I remember placing a similar switch in the power to that valve because I only had hot air when the AC came on. Keeping this from powering kept the vacuum to the heater valve from changing to allow it to open. You could always confirm the function of the switch by taking it out of the circuit and observing the effect.
The AC system in later 944's was made in Japan, so the valve is original. Surprised? The compressors are Nippondenso.
Awsome.. thanks! I will use that info and check it out... Yes, I am surprised Does anyone know what controls it? Relay or switch? I will look at my wiring diagram when I get home and see what I can see.

Thanks

Quick Reply: PO Botch Job (PIC)