Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tragic loss at Anderson Motorworks

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by zehnd
Come on people, do you believe how hard this is on your surviving family. You think this is a easy way out, you think you are doing your family and friends a favour. You are not.

Please talk to some one. If your family won't listen. phone your friends, if they won't listen, post here on Rennlist. You have to let people know you are having trouble and are not feeling well. Someone cares, believe me.
Zehnd,

Like brrt50cal, I have also been diagnosed with depression. You can be surrounded with friends, but believe me, when in a depressed slump there seems to be nobody to talk to. Also, when I was growing up depression was something to be embarrassed about, so admitting to myself there was a problem and that I should seek help was pretty hard. Fortunately freinds out of town had been through it, so I was able to call them and talk. I was also able to find a good social worker to talk things out with.

My advise to all is, if you know people with depression, don't make them feel like oddballs or outcasts. Listen to them and don't lecture. And stay with them if they need you.

If you think you are suffering from depression, muster all your strength if you can and seek help. And if you are prescribed medication, stay on it as prescribed and make sure you let your shrink know what's going on so they can adjust as needed. Remember, it may take more than a month for you to feel like your meds are doing anything.

My condolences to Shane's family.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wise words. It's hard on everyone, but blaming the victim doesn't help anyone.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

unbelievable. what a shame. He will be missed by many more than he ever realized.

Chronic depression and suicidal tendencies go hand in hand. I also know first hand.
Godspeed.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:49 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything has already been said, I hope everything works out to it's best.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Derrek Khajavi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My condolences go out to Shane's family and friends.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:56 PM
JCNNJC
Advanced

Very Sad! Prayers to the family!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, I am sorry to respond so late! Had my ankles sprained and broken, didn't realize this had happened until someone told me.

My thoughts go out to Shane, his family, and his friends.

I am rather surprised at how many of us on here at Rennlist have depression. This brings me to a point that many ignore, and should not:

There are USUALLY symptoms of depression going so far as for someone to either threaten or make jokes about suicide.

If someone says they want to commit suicide, DO NOT dismiss it! 9 times out of 10, contrary to popular belief, it is a warning!

We are together on this planet, have stupid fights all the time; but when it comes to depression and suicide, we need to put aside our differences and be there for each other.

It's NEVER worth the loss of a life to depression and suicide; yes, I am someone who knows, and it's been too high of a price.

- Julie
Old 09-25-2003, 07:18 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by sweanders
Everything has already been said, I hope everything works out to it's best.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So tragic.

Life is precious, fragile and fleeting.

So tragic.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:54 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

I stopped by a couple of weeks ago to see how things were going. Met Shane for the first time – tragic incident. My prayers are with Shane’s family as well as the Anderson Motorworks team.

May his soul rest in peace. My condolances.

Quick Reply: Tragic loss at Anderson Motorworks