Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completly random ramble

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 08:26 PM
ToxicSlick
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completly random ramble

First off, anyone else have to toe-heel backwards in the 944? I find it much more comfortable to place the arch of my foot/heel on the brake and my toes on the top of the accelerator, and because its hinged to the floor, its tough to use my heel on the very bottom near the hinge on the accelerator, plus my leg dosent really fit the other way. I guess its just wierd for me having learned in my friends Spec racer and econoricer sentra (which gets thrashed daily).

Also, anyone ever consider building an EPROM reader with parts from radioshack and then tuning their cars? A friend of mine says a retarded cocker spanial could build the required hardware, but he did manage to build himself a wiring harness for his Nissan 240sx ca18 motor, and im not to gungho just diving right in without at least mentioning it to people who know whats up with these cars' electronics.
Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-18-2003, 08:32 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, anyone else have to toe-heel backwards in the 944? I find it much more comfortable to place the arch of my foot/heel on the brake and my toes on the top of the accelerator, and because its hinged to the floor, its tough to use my heel on the very bottom near the hinge on the accelerator, plus my leg dosent really fit the other way. I guess its just wierd for me having learned in my friends Spec racer and econoricer sentra (which gets thrashed daily).
That's how I have to do it, or roll my ankle to hit the gas. I have a pretty big foot and it just can't do it the normal way.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

i heel toe with the top half of my foot, i dont have WIDE WIDE shoes, but they work very well for heel-toeing, the're vans sneakers... i love em! what shoes do you wear? get something comfortable to drive in
Old 08-18-2003, 10:03 PM
ToxicSlick
Instructor

My favorite shoes for driving are an old pair of Emericas. Sadly the heel piece fell off of the right shoe, so I took a hacksaw to the remaining part of the sole sticking out, and now they are thinner, and more comfortable... and 4 years old, but i love em'. I acutually bought a pair of leather driving slippers a while back, but the Emericas beat them hands down.

Quick Reply: Completly random ramble