Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weltmeister Bushings - Too Small?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 12:55 AM
fabrotz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weltmeister Bushings - Too Small?

I am trying to install the Weltmeister Poly Red bushings on the front control arms of my '83 944. I am having a hard time getting the rear bushing(PB-020) on the arm. All the searching I've done, and Paragon's tech article, suggests that this bushing is a loose fit... I can't even get it on? It looks as if the pin is larger than the bushing hole by about 1mm.

Any one else experience this? Any tips?

Thank you.

Old 08-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Jonas Goldsmith
Three Wheelin'

You might want to take them to a machine shop and have them pushed in... they will be able to do it real quick, I am sure...
Old 08-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jonas Goldsmith
You might want to take them to a machine shop and have them pushed in... they will be able to do it real quick, I am sure...
No! Not with the Poly ones, the stock ones need to be pushed on. The poly ones should just slide on. If you try and press them one there will probably be trouble.

Did you try alittle lube on the pin? Mine pushed on with a little effort but not nearly the trouble you seem to have. Are you using new control arms or your old ones? The old ones might have some rusty build-up on them that could be causing the trouble.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:39 PM
fabrotz
AutoX

Originally posted by Ken
No! Not with the Poly ones, the stock ones need to be pushed on. The poly ones should just slide on. If you try and press them one there will probably be trouble.

Did you try alittle lube on the pin? Mine pushed on with a little effort but not nearly the trouble you seem to have. Are you using new control arms or your old ones? The old ones might have some rusty build-up on them that could be causing the trouble.

I am using the original control arms. The pin was pretty clean under the old bushing, I tried a little lube but didn't want to force it. I will try harder I guess. I may try sanding down the pin also.

Quick Reply: Weltmeister Bushings - Too Small?