Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side dump or divorced wastegate

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003 | 06:08 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Side dump or divorced wastegate

My original plan was to go with a side dump near the front tire, realizing now that it will leave soot all the way down the side and a suggestion from Perry 951 I'm thinking about near the rear wheel on the passenger side. I also considered dumping under the car, most Import guys dump straight down in the front(sometimes directly onto the IC line). I'd think dumping right under the cabin would make it even louder than it already will be. I don't want to go back into the exhaust. I don't want to worry about heat expansion. That's the only valad excuse I can come up with, I really don't think it would be a problem. I just need a way to justify my evil side, lol. I've got the weld-on flanges on the way for my Delatgate Mark II and hope to get the under car work done so I can set it on the groung soon. I won't be running a cat on either pipe and it most likely will pop some flames, think that will be any problem? Also I like the idea for dumping right before the wheel in the back because I was worried about routing near the fuel lines in the front. Any thoughts??? Yeah, I know, it'll be loud.
Old 08-17-2003 | 03:57 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

ok? bump

Quick Reply: Side dump or divorced wastegate