Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kill Switch Install and Extinguisher Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003 | 09:41 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Default Kill Switch Install and Extinguisher Mounting

Hey all

Getting my (now 968-engined) 944S ready for SCCA/PCA club racing. Anyone have some BTDT on how to install kill switch/where to mount it in the engine compartment, etc?

Love to see some pics before I embark on it myself. Is it worth fabbing the whole thing, or is the OG racing kit the way to go?

Also, I'm looking for some pics of where people have mounted hand-held 2.5 pound extingushers in the car OTHER than using the Brey Krause or Stable Energies seat mounts. I've found that I can't reach the extinguisher with the harnesses on with the passenger seat rail style mounts.

Any suggestions/pics would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Old 08-14-2003 | 11:56 AM
M758
Race Director

Here is pic of my extigusher mount. I tested it so I can reach it even belted in place. I got the mount from home depot. Standard metal mount.

Here is pic of my kill switch. It is 6 pole unit. You need the 6 poles. Two main poles are for the main battey cables and the 4 small spade connectors are for the DME computer and fuel pump.

If you look at the stock set-up there are the main cables and some small wires. You need to kill these small wires as well otherwise the engine still runs.

I mounted the switch to the fire wall with a custom mount using couple of bent strips of metal made in to L brackets. I have wire that runs to base of the windshield on the driver's side to act as a pull cable for turning the switch.

Here is the best pic I have

My car is PCA GT4S Legal.

Quick Reply: Kill Switch Install and Extinguisher Mounting