Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: WARNING: Worst movie EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 03:49 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Friday After Next
Pootie Tang
Goodburger
Gigli
American Pie
Rhinestone
Ladybugs
Wisdom
Turner and Hooch
Captain Ron
Shanghai Surprise
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Bootie Call
The Net
Mystic Pizza
To **** Fu Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

When you say worst ever, Im just clarifying it for everyone.

I have honestly not been to a movie theater in almost 19yrs. Im a gigantic movie buff too. Im actually writing a script and may shoot it independently (me and a camera) if nobody likes it on paper. Last movie in the theater I saw was Memoirs..Invisible Man. My DVD collection is huge however. Id rather crank up the home theater for free than pay $10 for a crappy movie in a theater full of teenyboppers and screaming whining kids.

By the way, I may need help w/my script if anyone wants to lend a hand if I have to film. I may write a PCar scene into it.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:15 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott

I saw that movie last week w/ my wife and had a very similar reaction. Next to maybe Guy Ritchey, P.T. Anderson is prob. my favorite director and I've seen about everything available he's ever made. This one was definitely a bit undercooked. Perhaps they just made him cut too much - "Magnolia" was 3 hrs 15 mins before studios final cut!

I still think it was a quantum leap above "Dude, Where's my Car" and "South Park - The Movie" - truely the biggest waste of film (and my time) ever.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:37 AM
keith
Drifting

Aw man, I REALLY liked it...
Old 08-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by doze905
my point was just because you did not like it does not mean you should push your opinion on everyone else.
pardon me, but welcome to The Internet!

Last edited by Kurt; 08-11-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:29 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really liked INvisible Man...and the South Park movie! To each his own!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

There are only a few movies I've ever rented and turned off (I like to try and get my $$'s worth). Punch Drunk Love is on that short list, as is Meet My Parents and Moulin Rouge ~ I know there are lots of people who like each film and I know I like some films that others can't stand. Shoot, I suffered through 'Gangs of New York' with much distaste lately too, if only because I didn't want to have the $$ wasted. To each his own is a fitting comment when it comes to movies.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:01 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Clifford (not about the big red dog, has martin short in it)
Brain Candy (kids the hall movie from the late 90's)

They are the 2 worst movies I have ever seen, I felt that I had cheated myself out of 2 hours of my life after both.....
Old 08-11-2003, 11:20 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

People, people...

If we are talking worst movies ever, what about Corvette Summer? Or Killer Clowns from Outer Space? Or the soon to be released flop Freddy v. Jason?

Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one and they all stink. But this is the internet, and as long as no one gets offensive, say what you want.

My 2 cents...
Old 08-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I rented it last night....

I'm not gonna say it was the worst movie ever, but it was not on my list of good ones. The movie had terrible flow, a lot of unexplained events, and pretty crappy dialouge (although that was part of the characters). If I would have munched on some magic shrooms, I maybe would have understood it better.

I also saw phone booth with a friend the other night... not that great either.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:34 AM
dave120
Drifting

If you all want a really twisted BAD movie, go rent House of 1000 Corpses. All the ones you guys listed here don't even come close to that...ugh!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:05 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

I'll defend Punch-Drunk Love.

I loved it. It's one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years.
If you expected "just another" Adam Sandler movie, you're sorely mistaken. This was more of an art film; the critics really liked it (a lot), most casual moviegoers did not. The odd idiosyncratic nature was what made it brilliant. It was a total play on Sandler's past characters, and indeed a great character study. If you're an independent/art film/oddball type of person you'll appreciate the movie, if you prefer slapstick comedy and lots of explosions you will miss the point.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:08 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Brian McCoy
There are only a few movies I've ever rented and turned off (I like to try and get my $$'s worth). Punch Drunk Love is on that short list, as is Meet My Parents and Moulin Rouge ~ I know there are lots of people who like each film and I know I like some films that others can't stand. Shoot, I suffered through 'Gangs of New York' with much distaste lately too, if only because I didn't want to have the $$ wasted. To each his own is a fitting comment when it comes to movies.
Holy, you don't mean Meet the Parents with Ben Stiller do you?
That movie was brilliant, I was on the floor the whole time I watched it.

What movies DO you guys like? :P
Old 08-11-2003, 01:10 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey Schlag, I am glad you responded! Help me out here... I wasn't expecting "Happy Gilmore, Part II", but I am lost as to what the purpose of the movie was, and since you apprarently "got it", maybe you can help clarify it for me. Was it supposed to be a parody of "Fellini-esque" movies, or what? The whole message can't be that "mentally challenged people need love too" which is about as good as I can come up with. What was it that the "art" crowd got out of it, because I completely missed it.

As for movies that impress me, I am not a movie critic, so the things that I typically look for are decent character development and a plausible story line. Looking for metaphors is not my idea of entertainment (um, no slam intended to the folks that do like that sort of thing...).

I posted my original comments about this movie about three minutes after I finished watching it. It may not be the absolute worst movie (I am thinking an epic called "Aloha, Bobby and Rose" gets that honor).

Regards,
Old 08-11-2003, 01:14 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by schlag
Holy, you don't mean Meet the Parents with Ben Stiller do you?
That movie was brilliant, I was on the floor the whole time I watched it.

What movies DO you guys like? :P
Yup, that was it... what a waste of time on my part (but a LOT of people really liked it). Movies I do like... well, can't remember the last new one that really made an impact. Favorites are Shawshank Redemtption, most anything made by Stanley Kubrick and a few other randoms. I appreciate films that have well put together visuals (Matrix/ Lord of the rings type stuff). The rest I just kinda sit through and try not to ruin for my fiance (she loves movies, I love to rip them appart while watching them ~ especially the Really predictable ones which is most everything these days).

One film I loved but haven't really found many others who share the feeling was 'Being John Malcovich' ~ rented it based on a Netflix recomendation having no clue what it was and absolutly loved the movie. Muholland Drive fits in there too come to think of it....
Old 08-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I am still puzzled by the jeep that flipped and that damn organ/piano whatever it's called. What the hell was that? Why was it there? Who put it there? Lots of little things like that.

Quick Reply: OT: WARNING: Worst movie EVER!