Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944reanimation?

Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj
I REALLY don't want to contact Lart so he can assist you in acquiring a block?

I told you that the CT guy is not trustworthy and I contacted Lart so he could respond to this thread and help you with your needs.

You're welcome.
Thank you. Contacting Lart951 was greatly appreciated. Offering to have Lart contact me was not. I suspect you didn't get the reference.

LART = Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool (LART). It's not a pleasant thing to say. I wasn't looking forward to having a LART (2x4 board) contact me. I hope you understand.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:49 AM
bonus12
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't see any problems here! Good luck with that 3.0L! It's going to be a monster!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VirginiaF1
As one, I ask that you immediately use the edit button to clear out your extremely offensive insult.
Done. My apologies. BTW? It was a defensive insult. And it was apparently effective.

Do you know why multi-national corporations employ linguists to discover the potential misinterpretations of words they use? This is why.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:35 AM
bonus12
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfc. Parts
Done. My apologies. BTW? It was a defensive insult. And it was apparently effective.

Do you know why multi-national corporations employ linguists to discover the potential misinterpretations of words they use? This is why.
Does Chevy use one? They made the Nova which means "It doesn't go" in spanish. Anyway, never heard of the lart one but I'll remember that and maybe use it in a special circumstance...hahah yes.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lart951
no apologies needed, are looking for a short block or bare block a full motor?
I had a "long" block from the person mentioned. I need a short block but would prefer a long (with intake and exhaust manifolds). I'll also need the motor on a pallet, banded and wrapped.

Regards.,
Old 05-27-2014, 03:03 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VirginiaF1
Having read thru many of your near 500 posts, I've found them often very courteous and appreciating...
Mikey, there are some limits to tolerance and one of them is hazing. I don't tolerate it at all. I don't do it and I aggressively prosecute it.

In this example s15kev was an innocent. I have apologized as has he. It may have become something more adventurous but it didn't.

This is a problem inherent in the medium. It has happened before and it will happen again. What have we learned? Brevity can lead to insult. Insult can lead to defense. Best not to be too brief in an eMail message to someone you don't have a common cultural connection with. People will misunderstand you if you don't express yourself completely. In eMail, you have no body language. It's something everyone needs to remember. The "emoticons" on the right side of your composition window are there for a reason.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oghathornvx
I see you freaking out on people in multiple threads and let me be clear
See what I mean? Here's a perfect example of a little too much brevity. Be clear.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 AM
Pfc. Parts
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
Dude what the hell are you talking about?
Why should you care? Do you know anything at all about this character 944reanimation? If so, do tell.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read this stuff. OK?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have used him once a couple of years ago when his username was something else. No problems, except part was very dirty and in average condition. As it was sent internationally, I'm lucky it wasn't held by quarantine.

In contrast, I bought stuff from lart and it was spotlessly clean.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Same attitude he had over on the Turbo boards.

Why should you care? Do you know anything at all about this character 944reanimation? If so, do tell.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you read this stuff. OK?
The amount of energy they use to post, and the amount of energy you use to respond are the same. Why respond if you don't care what they have to say? Or do you feel the need to point it out and create a stir instaed of ignoring it and letting it pass?

Keep it up

Last edited by Darwantae951; 05-27-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Geez, how many different names has that one business used? How many different eBay seller IDs? It has to be something like 5 or 6 now. That little fact should speak volumes in and of itself.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Dimi 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello list -

I'm thinking about buying a 944 block from an outfit in CT that goes by "944reanimation" on eBay. Anyone done business with them? The fellow wants cash and I can't pick it up so I'll need to send him a check. 944 blocks don't go for chicken feed so I'm a little wary, it's hard enough to trust someone to send a working block without seeing it, harder still to send a check for a lot of money and hope for the best.

Looking for character references from experienced customers.

Thanks,
I have been dealing with this seller and have not had anything but positive experience so far.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:06 PM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nvrm
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

op,

go slow. before posting, sometimes it's better put down the Jolt Cola, and NEVER assume anything on this island of misfit toys is what it appears to be - before all the facts are in.

on these used parts. the kid was young... may have gotten in a bit too hard and heavy, and may not have been the best parts vendor all the time for every customer.... or, in some instances, he may have inflated the condition of his parts before testing them properly.... .sometimes it can be a popularity contest, where one guy just resonates better.

I think this is something of the case with the Connecticut kid - who's parted out dozens of 944s and T's.... I happen to be somewhat in the corner of Kid, (in part because of the work he's done in stockpiling such a large supply of parts at such a young age) - as are (or were) a small number (or very small number) of people in the beginning, way back when... he rubbed me the right way a long time back and I had positive experiences.... albeit, in a small sample.... even been in the guy's house before he was banned from RL for abusing the forum. he was very kind and showed me around.

but I've heard bad things too. especially over a set of rims a few years back. I wasn't gonna join in on crucifying the kid then... and sometimes things get blown out of proportion....

way I see it, used rims are just one of the things that really got to be inspected in person.... as one man's treasure can easily be seen in a glass half empty kind of way...... shipping rims is expensive... and anyone who's just handed over a big wad of cash with high expectations of receiving wheels in stellar condition, ( especially if that's how the seller described the items in his ad), is gonna be seriously pissed if what he receives is anything less than as described...

when you're paying good money, it's easy to think that way... and in this context, Lart is and will likely continue to be the standard by which all others will be judged.... need a block? Lart. need a wastegate, Turbo, polished intake, radiator..... Lart.

the used parts world is fickle. and I appreciate anyone who stockpiles parts for a low-production car... you can use the kid, if Lart doesn't have the part. but like most listers will say, buyer beware.... unless you're talking about Lart..... because he'll FEDEX the part, and you'll have it so fast, you'll be wondering how the hell....

my 0.02.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Before this turns more uglier, as controversial as it can be i would come to defense of Mike Damiza, aka precision motorsports, fake944online, 944reanimation.

I don't think you can go wrong specially on ebay just make sure that you pay via paypal and not as a gift. You have the protection that you need and I am sure that Damiza would like to keep his Top rated seller status as much as I do (20% discount). The shady business come from items he list as pick up only, that creates the possibility that the seller may take advantage, if the buyer really needs the item the seller may request a check. cashier check or paypal payment as a gift, that obviously would be in the buyers disadvantage. Buy via eBay and you don't want ebay, use paypal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 944reanimation?