Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I broke something, but what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014 | 02:12 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

the "dogs" can fail almost immediately, when you hear them you really have to baby the car - one sudden start and it's done for. Your car looks pretty nice, it should sell instantly for 2 grand if the interior is like the exterior, and anyone with a set of tools and two neurons to rub together can do the clutch job, it's not hard, just tedious - tell them to follow the instructions in the Porsche service manual exactly.
Old 05-04-2014 | 12:25 PM
God_Bot
Instructor

Originally Posted by william_b_noble
the "dogs" can fail almost immediately, when you hear them you really have to baby the car - one sudden start and it's done for. Your car looks pretty nice, it should sell instantly for 2 grand if the interior is like the exterior, and anyone with a set of tools and two neurons to rub together can do the clutch job, it's not hard, just tedious - tell them to follow the instructions in the Porsche service manual exactly.
Thanks, I painted it last year so it looks way better than it used to. Interior is alright, cracked dash and the seats are starting to separate. Other than that no real cosmetic issues.

Looks like my VR4 has a bit of a gasket failure on the oil pump so I need to tear that down again. I'm hoping that this 944 sells by the time I get that back together so I can buy some nice tires and get it back on the road.

I was offered $1500 yesterday but I don't need to sell the car and I told him I'd just keep the car unless I can get $2000 for it. I'm in the middle of Wyoming and I compared prices with cars down in Denver when I first listed this one and tried to list it on the lower end of comparable cars.

Quick Reply: I broke something, but what?