Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid to North NJ Meet-up August 9th or 10th

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003 | 12:17 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Default Mid to North NJ Meet-up August 9th or 10th

Okay folks, we have on our hands another infamous Rutts Hut meet. However this time we will be meeting elsewhere for ice cream, photos, and some great conversation (Meaning im going to try to get rides in Andy's S2 and Damiens Speed yellow cab)! Hopefully we can get this going for the 9th or 10th of August. Any of you guys up in North NJ know of any good ice cream parlors with large parking lots?

Christian
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:23 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Emphasis on northern NJ please

Don't forget us NY'ers. You NJ guys need to remind that NJ = armpit of america. I go to school in NJ and like it.

I'm in, of course.

Once we firm up a date it would be nice to invite some non 944 series cars... the more the merrier.
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:37 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Adrial I totally agree. We should have this meet somewhere near the Wayne area, as it is easy to get to off the NJ parkway. So anyone with an idea for the venue please chime in.

Christian
Old 07-31-2003 | 01:02 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Pssst: The NNJR PCA annual picnic is on Aug 10th.

See here.

$15.00 for all the food and P-cars you can imagine!

Hope to see you there!

-Z.

Note: if you're not a member, you can come as my guest, provided you front the $15.00.
Old 07-31-2003 | 01:04 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by adrial
Emphasis on northern NJ please

Don't forget us NY'ers. You NJ guys need to remind that NJ = armpit of america. I go to school in NJ and like it.

I'm in, of course.

Once we firm up a date it would be nice to invite some non 944 series cars... the more the merrier.
Hey Adrial:
Why do the trees in NJ lean towards the east?

-Cause New York SUCKS!

Old 07-31-2003 | 01:10 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Too bad most of NY is NORTH and not east of NJ though, Zoltan.

Nice try though.

I'm headin down to Powertech tomorow to pick up my rotors/wheel bearings/KFP intermediates (all for the front only). I could have gotten better pricing but I realized tech for watkins glen 1 is coming up real soon...I assume you'll be there?

Will you be at the Glen? I just sent in my registration today (last day...oops) I heard there's not too much demand for this one though...
Old 07-31-2003 | 01:33 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Allright Z-Man is right we should all head down to the NNJR PCA Picnic!
Old 07-31-2003 | 01:34 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Z-Man can we just show up or do we need to RSVP NNJR.

Christian
Old 07-31-2003 | 10:00 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

The NNJR thing sounds good to me, I went last year.
Old 07-31-2003 | 10:35 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Picnic, eh? Sounds like a plan.
The PCA website is a little not working right now...anyone have details about the picnic--where, when, etc?

Christian...we can do the scaled-down ice-cream thing later in the summer. Or, we can do a "Hot Coffee and Porsche meet" in the fall.
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:33 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Here are the picnic details:

Date: Aug 10. Time: 10:30am to 5:00pm.

Location: Pavilion Areas, Schooley's Mountain Park, Camp Washington and Springtown Rd, Washington Township, NJ (off Rt. 24 in West NJ)
Activities: Concours (Judging starts at 10:30am), Softball game, kids games & prizes, cake concours, p-car bench racing, socializing...etc.

NNJR provides: Burgers, Dogs, Chicken, Corn, beer & soda

You bring: family members, chairs, softball stuff, sunscreen, your favorite dessert or salad.

Cost: $15.00 per adult, $5.00 per child (6-12 yrs old)
concours fee (if you want to show): $10.00 pre-registered, $15.00 at event

Due date: TODAY! (July 31st). I suggest you Email Walter at walterarnold@earthlink.net to let him know you plan on going. I'm sure he'll have no problem if you let him know today.

Once the website comes up, you can use the registration form there. If you need one, I can possibly scan mine in from Porscheforus and email it to you.

Hope that you can make it!
-Zoltan. (NNJR PCA Track tech co-chair)
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:38 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by adrial
Will you be at the Glen? I just sent in my registration today (last day...oops) I heard there's not too much demand for this one though...
Um, hate to say it, but the Glen event usually fills up on the first day of registration! There is very little likelyhood that you'll be able to make it, especially if you run in Green / Yellow. (Perhaps you were thinking of the October Glen event?) Rule of thumb: if you want to get into NNJR DE events, you must register the first day it opens!

My suggestion is to email David Novack right away (email: nnjrtrackchair@optonline.net) and let him know of your wishes. He can probably at least put you on the waiting list. Show up for next week's tech (Tuesday at Powertech) so you're set with that, and I'll also put in a good word for ya.

-Z.
Old 07-31-2003 | 03:53 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Andy Im positive we will also have a scaled down Ice Cream run sometime this August.

Christian
Old 08-01-2003 | 12:55 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Oops, I didn't read that you had to register for the PCA picnic by the 31st. I'll try shooting him an email now, I've got 6 more mins till its August!

Zoltan,

Email sent. Thanks for the good word. I will definetely be at the tech inspection.

I know where your car is...I'm sorry about the scratch on the door...I ahh it was an accident I swear!!! Dont listen to the lies Powertech has to say!!

So you're getting a short shift installed eh? Is that too help you shift faster when str33t racing??

I picked up my parts from Powertech today. Pads (KFP intermediates, they better be good!!), Rotors, front wheel bearings, plugs and wires. Should be good to go!
Old 08-01-2003 | 01:06 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Just got an email back from Novack, looks like there are 40+ on the waitlist and my chances of getting in are next to nill. Oh well...

Quick Reply: Mid to North NJ Meet-up August 9th or 10th