Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First repairs.... *sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Christopher Wendelboe
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First repairs.... *sigh*

So after a few weeks of owning the Porsche, I now need to go and get it repaired because a piece of white trash backed into it in the parking lot with his truck. Just hit the fender, dented it real good right next to the headlight(thank god it wasn't half an inch more to the right). So tomorrow it's off to get an estimate on a new fender and possibly a bumper. May end up posting some pics of the damage too, we'll see....

*sigh* Ain't owning a Porsche grand? Brings to mind what my friends always say, "This is why we can't have nice things."
Old 07-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 171 Posts

As long as the shop that does the work is used to fixing Porsches, you should be okay. Porsche is pretty gung ho about all the rust protection stuff, the shop should be able to maintain that level of protection.

You didn't say which color the car is... Solid colors are easier to repair than the metallics...
Old 07-28-2003, 02:25 AM
Christopher Wendelboe
Cruisin'

The thing about the dent is that it's right next to the headlight, right along the line where the fender meets up with the headlight and the front bumper. I'm not too certain on how it would look just being banged out or if I'd have to buy a new fender, but we'll see what the shop says. The shop specializes in European cars, mostly Porsches and BMWs, and they always have quite a few very nice ones out front. Hopefully it won't be too bad, but we'll see tomorrow....
Old 07-28-2003, 02:37 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the cost of used body parts for these cars is so cheap that it would be silly to pile on the body puddy and not just buy used... (headlight cover, nose panel,fender and bumper) Collecting parts off ebay is no big deal and it will come out better in the long run. I am fighting old body work on the 84 I am painting right now. It had a small collision in the front and they just body puddied it up. I am now replacing everything to make the lines correct again. Could you believe they had 3/4" of body puddy on the headlight cover.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Christopher Wendelboe
Cruisin'

If used parts are decently cheap for these cars, anybody out there have a front passenger side fender and/or bumper they would be willing to part with in the NH area? Luckily, he missed the light completely and that part still works fine.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:59 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Travis:

"Did youuuu see the size of that chiiicken!"

Quick Reply: First repairs.... *sigh*