Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum hose kit supplier.. Anyone try these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:27 PM
use2windsurf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto on the Lindsey kit
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
OE, 1.70 per foot. After using the silicon, I much prefer this stuff.

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/ind...oducts_id=1720
+1

My local import shop only uses similar hose (except his is made by Wurth).
Old 02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
mc05duck
Advanced

What's the total cost to replace all the vacuum lines on an '86 951, including parts and labor, if I went to a specialty Porsche shop?

Is there an all encompassing parts kit for all the vacuum lines?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Mangonesailor
Racer

Originally Posted by mc05duck
What's the total cost to replace all the vacuum lines on an '86 951, including parts and labor, if I went to a specialty Porsche shop?

Is there an all encompassing parts kit for all the vacuum lines?

Thanks!
Lindsey racing has a "end all" kit, with venturi delete hoses. Labor? Well, they'd have to pull the intake, clean the gasket surfaces, gut the hoses out. Remove the factory fitting for the AOS into the j-boot to reuse. And that's about it. Oh, and hopefully they don't break the cycling valve... that's a pricey piece of crap right there.

Or you can do it yourself on the cheap.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:19 PM
mc05duck
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mangonesailor
Lindsey racing has a "end all" kit, with venturi delete hoses. Labor? Well, they'd have to pull the intake, clean the gasket surfaces, gut the hoses out. Remove the factory fitting for the AOS into the j-boot to reuse. And that's about it. Oh, and hopefully they don't break the cycling valve... that's a pricey piece of crap right there.

Or you can do it yourself on the cheap.
I found this 'end all' kit here for $170. This kit includes the venture delete and also uses rubber where they've found that in some circumstances the silicon tubing can collapse.

http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/ASI...ystem-944turbo

Anyone have a link to the Lindsey racing one?

What specific tools do you need to do all of the labor yourself? How many hours should I expect to invest if it's my first time?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Mangonesailor
Racer

Well, LR doesn't sell a kit like that one. Theirs is a "master kit." The kit there is pretty inclusive and I'm not against you getting it. If you want to replace the KLR hose, you can. I'm not sure that it often ruptures but better safe than sorry. My original one is still on my car. I'm not sure how their aluminum-looking sealing washers do at leaking leaks. I put copper ones on all of my banjo fittings.

Tools:
5mm allen keys.
6mm allen keys. (You need to be able to use one to torque the intake with later on)
Scraper that takes razor blades.
Plastic "razor blades" (You can get them in packs of 20 at autozone)
Offset 13mm wrench (12-point preferred).
10mm wrench.
12mm wrench (Banjo bolt on intake)
13mm open end wrenches (cruise control cable).
Torque wrench. (spec for intake manifold is 15/16ft-lbsf).
Whatever nut-driver you need for your hose clamps (1/4" and/or 5/16").
Penetrate oil (kroil is good... you need it to help with the intake gaskets.)
Picks (For TPS connector clip)
Papertowels (to stuff in intake ports to keep out debris.
New hose clamps... advance auto has a assorted set where the smallest size works well for vacuum lines. Don't know the size or I'd just order a **** load of them. You'll need some new clamps (about 3/8") for the other hoses too.
Also, you'll NEED a set of these. I'd go to SEARS and pick up a set. They're awesome at cutting through the factory hose clamps.

If you remove your fuel lines for the fuel rail you'll need a 17mm and 19mm wrench. If your fuel lines are original you'll risk cracking them if you remove the rail and intake as an assembly and pivot it out of the way. It would be wise to disconnect them and leave the rail attached to the intake.

Hours? Most of your time will be cleaning the intake surfaces without scratching the finish... and figuring out where you want your hose clamps. So, about 4hrs... so buy a six pack.

Quick Reply: Vacuum hose kit supplier.. Anyone try these guys?