Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK Door panel is off...Need help in fixing major rattle from door/window

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003 | 08:27 AM
user 8430
Banned

Default OK Door panel is off...Need help in fixing major rattle from door/window

The problem seems to be a major rattle coming from the window mechanism, If I knock on the now bare metal door there is an annoying metal rattle like something is loose....If I look inside the door, I can see some kind or relay part # from where the noise originates......624.211.00, it is at the outermost end of the door, at the top, near where the door lock **** is......there is a big black metal thing, this is where the noise comes from.

How do I get to this though??

TIA!

Kevin
Old 07-22-2003 | 09:04 AM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Look in the bottom of the door panel and fish around to see if a bolt came off...there has to either be one missing, or one is loose.
Old 07-22-2003 | 09:10 AM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Check the guides that support the sides of the glass. (they have a rubber/felt piece inside the metal channel) One of mine only had one screw holding it in. It rattled every time I closed the door. You will probably have to remove the glass from the track and possibly the regulator assembly to get to anything inside the door.
Old 07-22-2003 | 09:54 AM
MHT
Burning Brakes

there is a small spot weld, at least I think I remember there being one, that secures the top of the rearmost window track to the door, this weld often breaks, see if the rear track can be moved at the top. I am not sure how you would fix this without a welder though.
Old 07-22-2003 | 10:27 AM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MHT
there is a small spot weld, at least I think I remember there being one, that secures the top of the rearmost window track to the door, this weld often breaks, see if the rear track can be moved at the top. I am not sure how you would fix this without a welder though.
MHT is correct. Same thing happened on mine. My wrench was able to rivet it. Problem fixed.
Old 07-22-2003 | 11:15 AM
mouse
Burning Brakes

If there's one thing I know well on these cars, it's the doors. There are a lot of things that could rattle, the metal anti-theft panel rattled on mine if it wasn't secured very tightly. (The kind of sound you get if you were to hold a ruler on the edge of a table and hit the end of it) Is it that kind of sound? If so I would just tighten and check all the bolts / screws inside the door.
Old 07-22-2003 | 12:40 PM
user 8430
Banned

Thanks guys....I think I may have it beat!

It definitely had something to do with the window (I had them replaced last year)
There were some bolts along the outside of the door, I tightened them, some were not quite snug and I think this has solved the problem.

One thing I think I've noticed is that after I tightened them the window seems to close a bit slower than before? Is this possible?

I had a small glitch when replacing everything, the solder point conneting a small wire on the tweeter broke off. and I had to fashion a mickey mouse cure, by taking some speaker wire and connecting the two points together with it.....it works pheeeew!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: OK Door panel is off...Need help in fixing major rattle from door/window