Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monday Morning Laugh

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning Laugh

Thought I would have some fun after reading some pretty crazy threads here over the years. This is a totally ficticious thread. If it resembles a thread that you may have started than this is just a coincidence AND you should be ashamed of yourself
(Dashes indicate multiply responses in the thread)
HAVE FUN and HAPPY MONDAY

Original Poster:
Help my car 85n/a is not handling right any idea what it could be?
Rennlist members chime in to help?

Forum Responses on Day 1
-It may need an alignment?
-Is your car early or late?

Original Poster response
It had an alignment last year.

Forum responses on Day 2
-I had a similar problem with the car not cornering properly, and it turned out it was a wheel bearing gone bad and causing the wheel to seize up and cause the car to steer to the left.
-Have you replaced your shocks?
-Maybe you have broken sway bar mount?
-I had a similar problem with my 89 turbo, and found that under hard accel, had bent the left control arm mounting bracket.
-Does your car have steel or aluminum control arms?

OP response
The car is an 85 and I put new rear shocks on it last year. I haven’t had a chance to drive it again because it isn’t starting today, but it ran fine yesterday. I put fresh gas in it, and used a DME relay from my buddies car, still no luck.

Forum Responses on Day 3
-Get a new DME relay, they are like only 25 bucks.
-I had a similar problem with my 87. I put in a new reference sensor and that didn’t work so I replaced the dme, the tps and the afm. That got it running again.
-I had a similar problem with my 86 n/a modded with custom wheels, performance chip, and some cool new racing seats that I got off of ebay 3 months ago, and had my friends mom recover them for me. I replaced the front brakes cause the car would shimmy and stopped like crap. Rotors were warped.
-Check your upper strut mounts, mine had problems that caused the car to handle poorly.
-Check your ball joints. If they fail you will crash and do some serious damage to the suspension and the car. The aluminum control arms are prone to failure. Replace with the steel ones from an earlier 944. They are cheap.

OP response
I didn’t want to spend the 25 bucks on the new relay so I made a jumper. I put a new battery in the car, and it started again YEA! The car still handles like crap, now it is really pulling to the side. How do I know if I have steel or aluminum control arms? The ball joints at the top of the strut seem ok to me.

Forum Response on Day 4
-Ball joints are down at the bottom at attach to the control arm.
-If your car is an series 1, it has steel arms, series two (85.5) have aluminum arms.
-I had a similar problem with my steering, turns out the steering rack was bent and made the car handle like crap. I converted it to manual and it has been great ever since.
-You don’t need to change the steering rack, just get a rebuilt one or buy the kit and do it yourself.
-I had a similar problem with my 84 turns out I hit a curb, and bent the rear suspension. I then got these cool coilovers, and slammed the car and now it handles like dabomb!

OP response
Yea I want coilovers too! Though I’m going to turbo it first.
The steering wheel moves ok, but has some play. Any ideas guys? What could this be? I drive the car every day, and it seems like it is getting worse.
Car is a late 85.

Forum Responses on Day 5
-What have you checked so far? Have you had it up on a hoist? We need some details.
-Late 85’s should have the aluminum arms. You should replace them.
-Yup. Replace the arms. While you are at it, change all the bushings in the suspension, and might as well pull the cross member, pull the oil pan, and replace the bearings.
-You can check your rotors quickly while driving by gently braking and feeling if the peddle pulses.
-Does your car have swaybars? A broken mount or worn out bushings can cause the handling to get worse.
-Do you have a shop than can put it on a hoist and have a look? Maybe you shouldn’t keep driving it until you know what is going on.

OP Response
Sorry meant that the top of the strut is ok. I can’t really see the ball joint, but when I turn the wheels the steering wheel turns just fine. I think the ball joint is ok.

Forum Reponses on Day 6
-How does the car handle now?
-What have you checked?
-I had a similar problem with my 86. Found out it was a broken sway bar mount, so the car didn’t corner the same when I turned left, but was ok when I turned right.

OP Response
I replaced the back shocks, and it didn’t fix it. What should I do now?

Forum Reponses on Day 7
-Have you checked clarks garage? Did you check tranny mount or the c/v joints? If they are worn, they can cause vibrations.
-I had a similar problem with my 944. Had a bad c/v that made the car vibrate. I found a few missing bolts! I replaced them and made sure all was tight, and the car doesn’t vibrate anymore.
-You should replace your c/v bolts with locking stage 8 bolts.
- +1 on the locking bolts.
- +944 on the locking bolts. If you don’t, they will just get loose and fall out again.
-My car has 450hp, and my bolts are stock, you guys are all nuts. You don’t need those stage 8 bolts until you are pushing over 500hp!
-My car is pushing 300hp, and I’ve snapped 12 c/v shafts already.

Forum Responses on Day 25.
-The Boxster has stronger c/v shaft to handle the extra power that is why they don’t break as often as a 944.
944 transmissions aren’t any good either. When I want to go fast, I drive my 911 cause it’s dabomb.
-I had a similar problem with my 84. I upgraded to new shocks and 17 inch wheels, and turbo swaybars and now the car handles like dabomb.
-What happened to the OP?
-Did you ever fix it?
-Its probably the sway bar mount.
- +1 on the swaybar mount
-Check the inner control arm bushings.
- +1 on the top strut mount. Mine were cracked to hell and the car didn’t handle worth crap.
-Buy a 951.
-Hahahaha +1 buy a 951 and get a real car.

OP Response Day 29.
I haven’t had time to look at it, but I got a new stereo for it sitting in my room along with a sway bar from a turbo. It should fit. I hope it fixes it.

OP Response Day 61.
I got the sway bars in. Still not working out. What else could it be?

Forum Responses on Day 61
-Just buy a honduhh.
-Drop a v8 in it (posted by you know who ;p )
-Updates?
- +1 on the updates.
-I had a similar problem with my 92 S2. Turns out it was a cracked control arm and the ball joint was about to fall out. Caught it just in time. Car handles like it on rails again.
-What have you checked ? have you got under the car?

Op Response Day 63.
Problem solved!! Front passenger tire had a nail in it and was going flat. It finally got low enough that my Dad noticed it in the driveway. Thanks Rennlist!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
phlfly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is epic:

"Op Response Day 63.
Problem solved!! Front passenger tire had a nail in it and was going flat. It finally got low enough that my Dad noticed it in the driveway. Thanks Rennlist! "

WTF man!!!

Thanks man
Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

This dude is a JOKE
Old 11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

thats epic.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

+944 Good job!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
travisgreen
Pro

I wish I had a third of the free time you do...... Of course Id probably use it more productively..
Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I think the whole "start getting LS1 parts together" would have come up a lot sooner...

Quick Reply: Monday Morning Laugh