Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I get Olympic deck sealer off my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Default How do I get Olympic deck sealer off my car

Ive got a nice sun-baked coat of Olympic waterproof deck sealer baked onto my car and I cant get it off. Its on my Subaru.

I was at the Taj show and unfortunately the old man decides to seal the decks with a Wagner power sprayer and my car is just feet away. The sealer blew everywhere, and yes, on to my car. Its especially visible on the windows. Like a haze.

Ive tried Goo-Gone, scrubbers, soap and water, P21S, Bug/Tar remover, rubbing alcohol (on just windows so far), you name it. Its not working. Ive tried all kinds of stuff many times over the last few weeks but the crap will have nothing of it.

My next option was gasoline but Ive not tried that yet. Is there anything that can break this stuff down? Ive scrubbed and scrubbed and Im not getting anywhere.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

you might call carcareonline.com for advice.

Try a detergent wash (like Dawn) in a pretty heavy concentration.

Otherwise I think that the sealer will eventually deteriorate due to UV exposure.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Billy W
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a clay bar system, since that is used to remove overspray of automotive finishes. If not call Olympic and see what they say.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:18 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry about that, this could be a lot of work to get off the car.

I would try clay bars, my VW got a good deal of overspray on it a few weeks ago, and I have been working it off with the clay bar. And i have been using it on the glass, you will need more than one clay bar to do a car with that much contanmination on it....

For the paint I have been clay baring, polishing, clay baring, polishing and then waxing when I have it down to a good finish again, with the glass I have been clay baring, windex, clay baring, windex, then rain-x....

Good luck with clearing up the paint, and be happy its not the 930 or 951....
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Boricua944
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm i really dont know but like i've used kerosine to clean grime and years of built up on cars before i would start to buff them or also try amonia hope you get it off my mothers car had some paint over spary one time and the kerosine got it of good luck

Quick Reply: How do I get Olympic deck sealer off my car