Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'90 S2 fuel line question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default '90 S2 fuel line question...

So I did some work to the car on sunday (valve cover gasket, new chain tensioner pads, new fuel lines) and I can't remember which fuel line went where.

I'm thinking the thicker hard line w/hose connects to the fuel rail while the smaller hard line w/hose is the return line and connects to the fpr? Did I get that right?

I haven't started the car yet as I ran out of time but is there a safe way to check if the connections are leaking before I actually start the car and it catches fire?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Der Treiber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veleno
So I did some work to the car on sunday (valve cover gasket, new chain tensioner pads, new fuel lines) and I can't remember which fuel line went where.

I'm thinking the thicker hard line w/hose connects to the fuel rail while the smaller hard line w/hose is the return line and connects to the fpr? Did I get that right?

I haven't started the car yet as I ran out of time but is there a safe way to check if the connections are leaking before I actually start the car and it catches fire?
You're right on the fuel lines...the larger, front-most line (as comes out of the fender well) goes to the fuel rail. The smaller rear-most line goes from the fpr back to the fuel tank.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, I believe it's the same as on my '88 na as well.

How about testing the fuel system, any easy way to do it without starting the car? I was thinking of using the jumper lines on the dme relay but I'm not sure if that will work or not.

Quick Reply: '90 S2 fuel line question...