Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom 924/944 cages available.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM
deathdealerdelta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom 924/944 cages available.

A buddy of mine is in the Fort Campbell area and makes decent cages at below average prices. I have pics from my cage below that will let you know what they look like. For what I have he will be asking in the neighborhood of $600. If you want the door bars higher I don't really think it will increase the price since it is priced per bar. My cage is bolt in due to the fact that I just want the car stiffer for when the LS1 goes in and my door bars are still low enough that I don't have to crawl over them. He can also weld plates on if you are wanting a weld-in cage or he can add and take away bars as needed.

The rear bars are bolted down in the area behind the rear wheels, the main hoop is bolted down right in front of the rear seats so if you wanted to keep your carpet like I do you can just make a small circular cut in your carpet and have it hemmed up at an upholstery shop. The door bars mount down by your feet but don't get in the way of anything, not even the foot rest on the drivers side and the door closes well without having to remove anything from the door. The only tight spot is the e-brake, but it is still accessible.

PM me if you are interested. We are moving soon so he will get the measurements from my cage if you are interested in making any changes you will more than likely have to use my pictures for an example. If you have any questions about the cage or want to see other pics just hit me up on the thread or PM me.

Thanks guys and gals.
Attached Images       

Last edited by deathdealerdelta; 09-30-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM
deathdealerdelta
Intermediate

Plus it will probably get more views here since it is 924/944 specific.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

It's a bad idea to have those rear stays with a bend in them... That's just creating the point where they'll buckle if they're ever put in compression.

And, I think your friend is forgetting about *why* you put in a roll cage - to create triangulation between points to make it stiffer. There isn't a single diagonal brace in that design.

I don't mean to be critical, but there is no reason to have a roll cage/bar like that except for either looks or ballast.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
deathdealerdelta
Intermediate

No harm done. The pictures shown are of my car, we were experimenting with different ways to do the cage. This was the first time that he had ever done a car like this, normally he does dedicated drifting cars or front and rear bumper reinforcements. We haven't completed this cage yet but I just wanted people to know that there was someone who would be willing to make cages at a reasonable price if they didn't want to buy a cage from a company. He will take the measurements off of my car and adjust those measurements to what the person wants. If they want the rear bars to be straight back then he will do that and if they want the door bars to be higher up, he will make the necessary adjustments. The only reason my bars are like that is to allow the rear seat to still rotate up and down while still adding some stiffness. We are planning on putting a diagonal bar from the upper right part of the main hoop to the lower section of the rear left bar but I needed the car back at my house so that I could get it ready for a tranny swap and since he is still in the military his time is short.

I want feedback on this setup so that he can tailor cages to what people want and still make them meet any type of racing requirements, and he is very receptive to criticism and to what people want. If you want a crazy stiff cage, he will make it...in pink if you like. He is here for this community if anyone wants to take advantage of his services.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM
deathdealerdelta
Intermediate

Oh and that bend above the seat is the only bend in those rear bars. They run straight back to the body. The main thing that I wanted from the cage was to eliminate body roll but to still allow everything in it to be used. The car in the picture will probably only get raced maybe 2-3 times a year if I feel froggy.

But like I said, hit me with criticism so that he can perfect the cage for this car. Some people may like the design but others like yourself will want more and he is more than willing to make the adjustments.

Thanks again. And cool avatar.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:56 PM
deathdealerdelta
Intermediate

HAHA, after 2 years I finally paid the $18, lol. I'm going to move this thread to the classifieds section.

Quick Reply: Custom 924/944 cages available.