Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Jacket (ot)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 12:51 AM
Steven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Porsche Jacket (ot)

To make a long story short, I received a Porsche Laguna jacket (black wool with leather sleeves) for Christmas. I think it's a bootleg 'cause it only has the crest on the front. The ones in the catalogs and mags i've seen have not only the crest on the front but also PORSCHE written in red Porsche script accross the back. My wife got this jacket form a guy on E-bay who had lots of them (hmmmm...). I realize that anyone with a professional type sewing machine can put this crest on a jacket or anything else. The tag inside the jackey says 'Western Concepts'. Anyone here have one of these jackets? If so, does yours look like the one I have? The material seems somewhat 'flimsy' and light-weight also. This is unlike anything Porsche would sell in my opinion.
If this is indeed a bootleg, what should I do? Should I report him to Porsche or what?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve (1989 944na)
Old 12-29-2001, 11:42 AM
Super Dave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steven
Was the price to good to be true? If so its probably is bootleg. You could contact Porsche but in all reality they probably would not mess with it. Over here in Dallas we have a BIG (10acres) year round flea market. They sell everykind of bootleg item know to man and everyone knows it. And after all the years I have know about it, the stuff still keeps on comming and going. Bottom line if you like the jacket and the price matches the quality then I would wear it and be proud, you might even go to the mall and have the other leters sown on the back.

David M

Quick Reply: Porsche Jacket (ot)