Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gee, thanks dad... I don't break things in your car do I?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 08:56 PM
PSUice944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Gee, thanks dad... I don't break things in your car do I?

Hey folks,

Well, its not THAT bad, but...

So my sis and I take a road trip in a car with AC so mine stays home and thus my dad gets to drive it to work daily. (He did mention "wow, that thing really likes to go!") And in his opening of the hood (he drained the battery once, and messed with a relay later..),

...he broke the hood release.

I first panicked at the thought of it breaking up at the hood latch as that would most definitely be a painful experience. Found the cable below the dash and yanked on it a bit, I can hear the mechanism moving up front so I should be fine there.

And my question... anyone ever done this before? I can't see an easy way to get to the hood release lever to even see what has happened. I believe the wire within the sheath at the "pull" has broken or seperated from the levering hickey.

Anyone take that piece of carpet and such apart and could PLEASE give me some pointers?

TIA all, I hope someone has BTDT!
Old 08-07-2001, 01:18 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris,

At the "top", kinda where the pivot of the lever is, of the lever assembly is a black plastic cover that snaps on/off. If you take this off, there be 2 screws underneath holding the lever assembly to the body. The carpet just kinda shoves in underneath the assembly.

Scott
'86 951
Old 08-07-2001, 02:00 PM
CJFusco
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad:

(porsche drives by) "Look at that junk. Why would you rather have this than a nice Mustang 5.0?"

(behind the wheel of my Porsche) "Wow, this thing is a blast to drive!!!"

Quick Reply: Gee, thanks dad... I don't break things in your car do I?