Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Wiper problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001 | 08:29 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Post Rear Wiper problems

The problem has been there since I bought the car (2 months ago). Whenever I try to use the rear wiper it eventually ends up falling off the drivers side of the car. It will work for a few strokes (seems pretty noisy though..IMO) and then at the begining of the stroke (vertical positions) it will sit there with the motor spinning. It then thinks its in the horizontal position, so it moves to the vertical position, which puts it off of the windshield.

I think that the gears are semi-stripped. Or the wiper is lose in its attachment to the wiper drive system. How would I go about taking it all apart? Anything to know before I go in there?

thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2001 | 05:16 PM
TimC
Instructor

Did you try flipping up the cover over the blade/motor attachment and watching what's happening? If so, it will be obvious if it's stripped at this point. Mine was exhibiting similar behavior, and the gear there is probably about half stripped, but I was able to cinch things down and get it to work.

For precautionary statements should further disassembly be necessary, see the thread I've got going about the motor assy "belching oil." Thanks again to those who replied there.

T
Old 09-04-2001 | 05:25 AM
Craig944
Banned

Mine does that, and I think it's linked with why my CD-Player turns off and stuff all the time and why my cooling fan will never cut off. Try the fuse pal.
Old 09-04-2001 | 11:17 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

OK this post gave me the spirit to go check it out. I took the plastic and metal covers off, then ran the wiper. And whadayaknow....it worked fine! Put it all back together...still worked fine! We shall see when it rains. Everything looked fine in there...all gears in tact..plenty of lube.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper problems