Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone dealt with these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 09:28 PM
TimC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post anyone dealt with these guys?

Someone on email list mentioned this site: www9xauto.com, asking if anyone had had experience with them. A couple negative reports came back (one on the gauge cluster brightness kit). Anyway, I figured I'd post the same question here - anyone dealt with them, good experience/bad experience etc? The thing that sparks my interest is the rear hatch squeak kit - hmmm. But, I'd hate to get it and have it be a POS.

Thx,
T
Old 11-07-2001, 11:44 PM
Craig944-DS-
Banned

i got a shift *** from them. B+ All around...
Old 11-08-2001, 12:55 AM
Renntag
Pro

First question......does a squeak kit make my car go faster? Does it get me more track time? Hmmm.

No experience with those guys, But I HAVE heard of them, nothing bad yet.

~C
Old 11-08-2001, 03:32 AM
Devildog2067
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
I bought a cone air filter kit from them, fit and finish were just ok--the flange they sold me was great, the bracket that it was attached to was awful--I had to redrill all the mounting holes.

Oh yeah, and they told me I didn't have to oil the K&N-style filter that it came with.

B- or C+ if you ask me. I wouldn't trust em.

--
Semper Fi
Cpl SH Won
Wpns Co, 2nd Bn, 24th Marines
Old 11-08-2001, 03:11 PM
TimC
Instructor

Originally posted by Devildog2067:
<STRONG>

Oh yeah, and they told me I didn't have to oil the K&N-style filter that it came with.

B- or C+ if you ask me. I wouldn't trust em.
</STRONG>

I presume the filter didn't come pre-oiled. Yikes! Thanks for the info - a number of people responded here and on email list, all responses were that they're marginal at best.

Thx again,
T
Old 11-08-2001, 04:19 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My turn....

Buying experience was fine. Purchased the dim inst cluster repair kit. Instructions were fine. But, they give a pattern to cut the new reflective material and it isn't actual size. The amount of reflective material doesn't really allow for mistakes. When I gave this criticism back to him, he wasn't real friendly about providing more help to me with the kit.

Overall I give it a C and probably won't buy anything from them again unless they come up with the Porsche must have accessory of the century.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:43 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just posting for clarification, not to enter the debate...

K&N filters come pre-oiled, and do need to be cleaned and re-oiled at intervals to ensure maximum flow and effectiveness.

Some K&N *clones* (both cone and panel) are not made of the same filter material that would need to be oiled, rather it is more like the dry OE element paper. If cleaned or oiled, these would disintegrate in a very short time.

Good Luck!

Skip
Old 11-08-2001, 05:44 PM
bs
Pro

Thumbs down

tim, i started a thread last week (or was it monday....) about that same product. based on the responses i got and the other research that i did, that kit is not a solution to the actual problem. plus i'm usually a little skeptical of buying things from people or companies who have no grasp at all on the native language of the country they purport to be transacting buisness in. they can stick their "squicking rattling hatch kit" where the sun don't shine....

Quick Reply: anyone dealt with these guys?