Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak, need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 04:27 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Post Oil leak, need help!!

Remember my oil leak free car? Not any more…

The car has developed an oil leak. It seems to be close to clutch housing. It an initial inspection It seems to come from one of three areas. (1) the main engine seal (which I doubt it since I replace it when I did the clutch) (2) there is hose that seems to go from the oil cooler to I do not know where, it runs along the aluminum support or (3) looking from underneath the car towards the head there seems to be a cap with three bolts (in the back of the cam housing??).

It could be the cam housing leaking all the way down… but the car did not have this problem yesterday… I did take it to a very hard run in the afternoon.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2001, 04:35 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my repair knowledge,,, which is extensive.. not meaning to say you did bad.. but the place one always looks is the last place one has been to..95% time that is what is wrong...
Old 12-24-2001, 04:42 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never assume what you did was right... even professionals have a bad seal replacement... good luck.
Old 12-24-2001, 07:49 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I agree, but it would have leak after changing the clutch... that was over a year ago... as soon as I degrease all the areas involved I will post my findings... taking the clutch out, ufff! Not something I want to do often... that was precisely why I changed all the flywheel bolts, main seal, etc...

I will keep my finger crossed and hope it is somewhere else (something more easy to fix or to get to, not that there is many places like that in this car )

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2001, 10:58 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Jaime:

This may be a long shot, but I'll give it a shot. When I took off the intake manifold, I noticed a lot of oil sitting around the crankcase vent hose and the oil fill tube's general area. I noticed that the crankcase vent hose's clamp was loose, so I just tightened the clamp up a little. If this leaked, I'm guessing it would drop straight down below the speed sensor in the back of the engine. Is this where your oil is?

Check this thread out:
Oil Leak Thread

Hope this helps! Merry X-mas to all.
sm

Quick Reply: Oil leak, need help!!