Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my new water pump is leaking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think my new water pump is leaking.

I just finished replacing my rod bearings and while under the car I noticed there were some coolant stains and 2 drops of coolant around the engine. I used a light to look around and I could see some drops of coolant on the water pump near the bolts closer to the oil pressure sender.

I don't think the gasket is leaking and I don't see where else it could come from so i'm pretty sure it's from the water pump.

This was replaced like 3 weeks ago. I got the pump from the dealer and it is a rebuild.

now when I ran the car for 10 minutes today on jackstands after the rod bearings there was no coolant dripping or leaking out that I could see.

is it possible the coolant comes out of the weep hole sometimes. the leak is very small because I have not noticed any coolant puddles or drops on the floor.

it's a lot of work replacing the pump so i'm wondering what I can do to be more certain. I was thinking of using coolant dye in the coolant and shining a uv light to help see what area it is coming from.

my last pump was a rebuild too and it was on there for 2 years and did not leak.

Quick Reply: I think my new water pump is leaking.