Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

varied questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 05:21 PM
TimC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post varied questions

1) Anyone know of good lube for sunroof actuators (or whatever they are called exactly, the little toothed metal pieces that the gears engage to raise/lower/release the roof)? I am presuming that I can just use some sort of grease and apply it to them without disassembly - some days they are squeaky and some days silent.

2) What's a good product to treat the spoiler on the rear hatch with? I've seen mention of that, and living in AZ I don't want the thing to deteriorate.

3) Anyone know any way of preventing a small tear in a leather seat from becoming a big one? I have a small hole at a seam and it is starting to have a tear emanate from it. Can some sort of (function over form here) patch be applied, or some sort of glue used to stop it propagating for example? I tried super glue (works on clothes if you get a snag, believe it or not), which in theory would seep into the leather and hold it together (kind of like wood glue in wood) but that turned out not to work, as the tear has now gone past the glue boundary.

Thanks in advance,
Tim C.

Quick Reply: varied questions