Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do 4 x 6 Infinity Kappa speakers fit in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 09:31 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Do 4 x 6 Infinity Kappa speakers fit in the rear?

Do Infinity Kappa 4 x 6 speakers fit in the rear?

I greatly appreciate the feedback on my prior post regarding my audio system setup. I started to remove the rear speaker panel and it was much easier than I had understood it to be. Thus, I have decided to do one of the following options -

1) 4 x6 (Panasonic) in the front and (Infinity Kappa) rear seat with a small amplified sub or

2) Same as above, but rather than the sub use my 100w amplifier to power Infinity 6 x 9 in external boxes in the hatch or

3) 4x6s in front and rear and 6x9 in external with small sub.

Right now, I am tending towards option 2. I am not looking to achieve bass booming but rather a full sound for classical rock music(I am slightly concerned option 3 could be overkill). I appreciate your thoughts on the setups and insight into whether Kappas fit in the rear seat space -

Thanks -

Jeremy
1983 Guards Red
Old 07-30-2001, 04:28 AM
Robert Des Rosier
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeremy
In the rear of my car, I also found it quite easy to remove the panels without removing the windows AND without damaging the interior (I also managed to get the interior back under the window seal and it looks exactly the same). Anyways, I put 6 1/2 inch Pioneer speakers in the rear of my car, though I had to drill holes and fabricate a metal piece to fill in the space. It was relatively simple with a dremmel tool. The system sounds nice and I don't see the need for 6x9 boxes now. I have the 4x6 kappas in front and though they don't have bass, they are exceptional mid/highs.
-Robert

Quick Reply: Do 4 x 6 Infinity Kappa speakers fit in the rear?