Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockers / Side skirts Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM
FRZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rockers / Side skirts Question

Hi !! Each of my 944 have this rockers.. I would know what is the name of those rockers, if they were in option list while bought the 944 in 1988 and where they sell it because on google I found NOTHING!

As you can see, this is not only the "boxed" rockers but on the rear wing there is kind of lines

If thats not enough clear, I can take a picture of them removed. Because I probably will sell them or keep them I dont even know. For now they are removed because they hide the "wideness / curves" of the rear wing when viewed from front of the car. see the other picture.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

The first picture is aftermarket. As for who makes it, no idea.

I think there was a very rare dealer option for a simple boxed rocker panel. The real one probably has a Porsche part# on it. Some of the old 944 brochures should have a picture of it.

Personally I've never been a fan of the addon rockers. I like it in the last picture with out them. As you note, the rear wings really come to life with their shape.

Take care,

Last edited by FrenchToast; 07-21-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not a factory option
Old 07-21-2013, 11:10 AM
FRZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
The first picture is aftermarket. Is the second picture the same car? As for who makes it, no idea.

There was a very rare Tequipment (or whatever the name was at the time) option for a simple boxed rocker panel. The real one probably has a Porsche part# on it. Some of the old 944 brochures should have a picture of it.

Personally I've never been a fan of the addon rockers. I like it in the last picture with out them. As you note, the rear wings really come to life with their shape.

Take care,
[...]As you note, the rear wings really come to life with their shape.[...]

This is EXACTLY why I removed to rockers yesterday. And yes both pictures are the same car, mine.

This is weird thats not factory rockers because both of my 944 I bought came with this rockers, same rockers model on them. Im very lucky then! lol

But as you said.. with those rockers you lose the rear wings shape and wide.

So I decided to remove them.. they are maybe to sell if someone is interested and give me a good price.. otherwise i'll keep them Please take not I'm in Quebec Canada so you need shipping or you can come take it!

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

I want to buy them! Probably can't afford shipping to az
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM
FRZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by Butters944
I want to buy them! Probably can't afford shipping to az
Mm ok look: I just removed them.. Give me 2-3 weeks to be sure if I really like without the rockers (probably yes! .. ) and then if I still like without them i'll sell to you. I can inform how much for the shipping. Send me a private message with your address and zip code. We will be fixed for the shipipng and then we will be able to take a decision.

Quick Reply: Rockers / Side skirts Question