Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kick panels for front speakers... TT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 01:35 AM
kevin Dubois
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post kick panels for front speakers... TT?

i just got done reading the stereo thread and had to ask something... turbo tim, i think i remember reading your web page back in the day, and you had fiberglass kick panels for the front speaker replacement. do you still offer these? or does anyone else know where i can get a pair (and yes i can make my own, but i'd rather buy some premade ones.)? personally i think the front speaker location sucks, as the focal point of the sound is at my knee.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:07 PM
bron964
Racer

kevin: i don't remember tim ever offering kickpanels for a 951...only the infinity 6.5" inserts for the front door panels. you can see them in the background on the short shift kit link on his website.

i completely agree about the kickpanels for proper frontstage presence, but i believe, ideally, it would be best to fabricate a set of your own for personal imaging(i.e. taking into account your height, seat position, etc.). i have only seen one pair in a 951 - pretty bulky though. i think they housed a 5.25" and a tweet. personally i would go with a 4" and a tweet to minimize the enclosure.

good luck and keep us updated on what you find!
Old 11-03-2001, 09:34 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

yeah i totally agree with the 4" and the tweeter.. i was playing around this summer and made one side of a kick panel... it is molded to fit snug against the contours of the lower dash, and houses the 4" and the tweeter just below it. i never finished it because i didn't have the money for the speakers... (go figure, i can buy any car stereo equipment at wholesale too. and MAN is there a markup!) guess i will have to finish my own project then, to bad no one makes them with a permanate mold...

Quick Reply: kick panels for front speakers... TT?