Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Return Hose for Regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001 | 11:32 AM
sm
Drifting

Arrow Return Hose for Regulator?

I was looking through the pictures of Fletch's website and in the third picture labeled "Fuel Line Workaround," I see a
hose that I need to replace. The pic is at this link:
http://www.gason.net/build_pages/eng...d/FrameSet.htm

The hose is the short one, about 7-8 inches, above the "CH" in PorsCHe on your engine. It's called the return hose or something, and I would like to know if it's simply a take off and put on procedure. A mechanic says that it's pressurized at 40 psi, so I
want to make sure I don't have fuel flying everywhere. Does anyone know what's the best way to replace it? I have an idea, thanks to Hugh, of how to replace it, but just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

sm
Old 11-01-2001 | 11:46 AM
txhedg
Racer

Arrow

The fuel rail is pressurized, but over time (while the car sits not running) the pressure in the rail leaks down to a low level. I would just let the car sit over night without running, and by then the pressure should have dropped sufficiently so you don't have fuel spraying around. Obviously you want the engine to be cold, too (which it would be after sitting overnight). Have a rag handy to mop up the fuel that does spill. Should be an easy fix.
Old 11-01-2001 | 12:06 PM
fletch.
Instructor

sm,

I wrote and artical back in January for PCD E-Zine. The on-line news letter part of the site never got off the ground. But the artical on fuel pressure gauge installation is still up. I explain how to get the fuel rail off, and how I installed a fuel pressure gauge. There maybe some info there to help.

check it out
web page

Quick Reply: Return Hose for Regulator?