Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry a little bit OT - Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 05:49 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dave:
If it's a small, 2 seat, mid-engine your after, go with a 914.

Naw dont like anything too small

Sorry...no hiphop answer here.

so ok, found the answer,
track's called
.357 by Cameron

Now if I can only program the mobile with the ring tone

Old 11-01-2001, 10:10 PM
Ryan Z.
Intermediate

hey man, I know that song ur talking about....I just heard it again on "Woo" on comedy central....don't know the title tho....lol....oh well. Sorry.

Ryan Z.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:20 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by Ryan Z.:
<STRONG>...don't know the title tho....lol....oh well. Sorry.
Ryan Z.</STRONG>
.357 Magnum by cam'ron

and I'm still looking for it !
Old 11-02-2001, 11:18 AM
Todd
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree about the 308's I plan to get one next summer. The older carb ones are very fast. The first fuel injected ones are so so and the 308 GtsiQV is pretty fast again.
Italian cars are quirky. They all have the maintenece thing, but everyone has different issues. Hard to pinpoint what to expect like a GM car. The 15,000 mile maintenece is about $5000, but if this is not a daily driver than that is not to bad as it will be a while before you put those miles on it.
Parts are expensive, but not out of reach if the car is taken care of. Tom Selleck is 6'4" thats why the top was out. I am 6' and fit just fine in a 308. I think they are MUCH more comforatable than the 944. I think the 944 is the most UN comfortable car I have ever owned. It is a Ferrari, plain and simple...It is a beautiful car. For the same money though, remember Porsche 964 and Lotus Esprit Turbo will be MUCH less $$$ to actually own..Same price to buy. Very reliable cars.

As far as kits go. It's up to you. The Fiero is used for tons of kits from Ferrari, to Lamborghini, ect. If the frame is not streched it will look rediculous. The interiors can also be updated to look original, but then you are getting into some $. From a distance people will love it, but beware, when many find out it is a kit they will be disgusted worse than if it was a original Fiero. Insurance is cheap on kits.
It will not perfom like a exotic. The BIG thing here is the engine. Most of these are 2.8V6. Pathetic. Slow, and one pass by, and people will know it is not real by the exaust note. They do put Northstar motors in them which are very fast, but don't have the sound. The big issue is what do you want. I am not really one of those people who is SO concerned about what everyone thinks. After first getting a nice kit I may be really excited, but after a few days I would hate it. It's fake. I'd be a poser. And that I would not deal with. Now, if you are thinking about a '01 modena kit, or a 200,000 dollar car, maybe a kit is justified. But, a 308 na. Don't "settle" when looking for a "true" love. It will come back to haunt you, emotionally...Speaking from experience.
Old 11-02-2001, 01:01 PM
adrian jaye
Instructor

Originally posted by Tk:
<STRONG>I agree about the 308's I plan to get one next summer. The older carb ones are very fast. The first fuel injected ones are so so and the 308 GtsiQV is pretty fast again.....
Don't "settle" when looking for a "true" love. It will come back to haunt you, emotionally...Speaking from experience.</STRONG>
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks all for the input.

When I sell my house, I'm hoping to have a bit extra so, whilst still single I may go for px'ing the cab or selling privatly and buying a 308

going price here is upwards of £19k

Should be able to get 10 for mine

again thankxs all

TK, you really hit the nail on the head, about the kit vs the real thing.

I@d "personally" feel better knowing thjat I percevered and got the real thing.

CHEERS

and all have a good week end

Adrian (sometimes taking the ****, but always in jest) Jaye
Old 11-02-2001, 06:11 PM
Ryan Z.
Intermediate

adrian......i downloaded the song from the KAZZA.com mp3 program.....good stuff.

Ryan Z.
Old 11-05-2001, 07:18 AM
adrian jaye
Instructor

HI Ryan

Problem is the firewall wont let me do that kinda stuff.

NoiseyBrothers has sent me an e-mail woth the track. THank God for T1 connections

I'm happy I got's the track now

WOOO HOOO

Quick Reply: Sorry a little bit OT - Magnum