Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value on 1986 944 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001 | 11:49 AM
dastine
5th Gear

Post Value on 1986 944 Turbo

Hi,
I have recently stumbled onto a very nice 1986 944 Turbo. The car is in pristine condition, except for a few stone chips here and there. Interior is fabulous and mechanicals are just as impressive. It has 85k original miles. All service has been kept up and documented, even back to warranty work when it was new. Only thing the car needs right now are some minor fixes on accessories and is coming due for 90k service needs.

Once again, this car is in pristine condition inside and out. I was particularly impressed by the interior of the car it. I could find no defects and it literally looks like it would when it rolled off the dealer lot so many years ago. This car was extremely well maintained.

My question is, what would be a ballpark value on this car??

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-15-2001 | 01:18 PM
Dave
Race Car

Glad you listed your location, it makes a big difference. I don't know your area, but when you get near NYC, a car as "pristine" as this one sounds, would be in the 11k -14k range. depending on options etc.
If you were 750 miles south of me, that number would be ALOT lower.
As you are somewhere in between, I'm *guessing* the $ will be lower, but I don't know how much lower.
Check the Rennlist classifieds, and the PCA classifieds for a range that such a vehicle might be in, but give extra attention to ads that are close to home. Ignore sources like KBB etc. they may be good if shopping for a Taurus or Accord, but don't have a clue when it comes to specialty markets. Don't forget to have the car checked out by someone who knows what they are looking at.
Good Luck
Old 12-16-2001 | 09:24 PM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

One thing to keep in mind is that 90K mile service that is coming up is usually extensive. Belts, water pump, etc. Also some expensive items are going to be needing replacement soon (clutch, control arms). From your description it sounds like a great car but I would figure the impending cash outlay in the price negotiation.

Quick Reply: Value on 1986 944 Turbo