Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pelican, dealt with them???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post Pelican, dealt with them???

Ok, so I blew my head gasket before christmas if you remember.

I ordered a bunch of nice tune up parts from pelican two and a half weeks ago. The thing is that I ordered them with 2 day service through fedex. I do not want this to look like anything bad against pelican, they have really great prices and parts and all, but what is the deal???
Has anyone experienced any problems with them before, or is it just me. I sent them and email today to find out what is going on. Hopefully it isn't their fault.

Anyone? öäü߀§
Old 01-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Rog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had really good luck, both with 944 parts, and a few old 356 parts which x-ref / retrofit well to older BMW motorcycles.

Only hiccup I ever had was on a repeat order where it said something to the effect: 'If you're a repeat customer, you only need to fill in the fields marked with and asterisk'

Somehow that didn't work, and when the order didn't show up within the normal time for a rush order (3 days being what I chose) I called and they said they were held up by missing info on some of the fields. Anyway, they ended up giving me a real deal on rushed shipping to make up for it. Taking care of issues like that is the mark of a good outfit in my book

hth
good luck
roger
Old 01-19-2002, 06:35 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Hey, I've done a lot with them. Always good service. I would call them and find out what is what. Very friendly people.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:47 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Got my first delivery from Pelican about 2 weeks ago...although it did take a few extra days, they were VERY nice to deal with. I would call them if you have any problems!

PS - did you try tracking your order...maybe it's a fedx problem! { mine was a UPS problem}

good luck
Old 01-20-2002, 02:10 AM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Thumbs down

I ordered a fuel filter and some other items last week and received everything on time.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:49 AM
Kierf - ¿§?
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Type_LT:
<STRONG>I ordered a fuel filter and some other items last week and received everything on time.</STRONG>
Why the thumbs down?

Anyways, I ordered a whole bunch of stuff last month from Pelican Parts. I received everything in about 4 days. I spoke with Darren there and was very helpful.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, so my tracking number will only tell me that it was checked in at pelican. I can't see where it is with fedex though!!!

I hope they're open tomorrow on MLK day.

Mr impatient,
Old 01-20-2002, 05:42 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

ecpunk, are you in germany? If you are, wouldn't be easier to source out parts there?
Old 01-22-2002, 04:35 AM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

mark,
so here is the thing. We don't exactly have what you would call an Autozone here. We do have wal-mart though, but it is really bad. Porsche isn't the cheapest place to shop either. The wierd thing is that I live next to one of the Bosch factories, but Bosch (with or without the e???) is really expensive here also. People don't have old cars here, so there isn't a market for the parts. Ok.

So, I finally called Pelican yesterday. The guy that I talked to said that they didn't recieve my cc#. One of those browser back foward things. Anyway, they didn't even call or email to tell me to call them. So I have waited patiently without a car for 3 weeks now!!! I'm a little pissed to say the least. They didn't offer any kind of discount or apology or anything.

Let me know what you think. I think I will write them and tell them I am a little dissatisfied. I will be nice about it, because what is done is done. but.whatever.

Venting,

Quick Reply: Pelican, dealt with them???