Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on autox set-up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001 | 12:30 PM
pcsguy953
Track Day

Post Advice on autox set-up

With the changes to the SCCA clssifications for next year the 944s will fall into B in the stock class. I am interested in any autocrossers on the board who might have some tips on improving the set up of a 944s. i have koni's ( yellow ) and 225/50 hoosiers F with 245/45 rears 16". A K&N and a Harrington short shifter. Other than improving my own driving skills....Any "tricks" that have worked for any of you would be great!!! Thanks!!
Old 12-13-2001 | 03:26 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Aside from a very aggressive alignment there really is not much you can do to the car and stay in the "stock" class of SCCA. Switch out the front bar to an adjustable version is pretty much the only mod. you haven't listed that I think will allow you to remain in stock.

If you were looking for driving tips, that is another matter. Not knowing your level of experience, I would suggest the following, Anyone can become a better "reader" of the course. Take a very analytical look at the way the courses are set up. Based on your car, figure out where you can go fast, and where you will just have accept what comes. I have found that in certain areas (longer sweepers) I could brake a little earlier than usual and then get on the throttle and just hang on, building speed throughout the entire turn instead of braking really late and throwing the car in there. Seemed that the car would grip better if the loads were built up, rather than heaped on.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Advice on autox set-up