Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help locating Rennsport (Atlanta)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 03:41 PM
txhedg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help locating Rennsport (Atlanta)

Hey guys/gals -
I'm trying to track down Rennsport, the wheel repair business in Atlanta (actually, Alphretta, GA). They repaired my the wheels for my "other" car a bit ago, and now it looks like one of the rims cracked due to them over-torquing the bolts (its a 2-piece bbs). I'm trying to track them down to "discuss" the issue, but website is not working and the old phone # I had is no longer good. Did they go out of business? Change location/name.

I know there a lot of Atl-ers on this board....any help would be appreciated...TIA

txhedg
'91 BMW 750il "other car"
Old 08-29-2001, 10:29 PM
IPC
Instructor

Sorry Dude, Rennsport is gone. Robb Rice the owner, sold it last year to Ameriparts. They closed it less than 6 months later. Very bad move if you ask me. Robb is my racing partner and a good friend. He still has some wheels in stock and may have a replacement but can not repair wheels any longer. The repair equipment has been liquidated. E-mail me and I will talk to Robb to see what he has.
Old 08-30-2001, 09:48 AM
txhedg
Racer

Thumbs down

thanks for the info....this is what I feared. I doubt he would have a replacement, and I was more interested is trying to get them to fix the wheel which cracked due to them over torquing the bolts when putting the wheel back together. I unfortunately had the wheels done right after the change in ownership, which likely may have been the root of the poor work and the resulting crack. Oh well.

thanks for the update

Quick Reply: Help locating Rennsport (Atlanta)